hi new member

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by anon1089, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon1089

anon1089 New Member

Hey, I am a new member here who never tried to commit suicide, but however did threaten it and had a gun that they then unloaded after the threat. This was due mainly to someone that I was friends with playing mind games with me that made me think I lost someone that was a really good friend and had no way to solve fixing the friendship and that got me really depressed as well as being under stress from school and not having anyone to talk to my issues about like this friend let me do before (I never told directly but gave hints such as saying how upset I was and that they should keep the bullets to my gun which they then forced me to take back the next day). Right now I came here for support I guess you can say. Even though we had our troubles me and this friend, I struggle with the idea that I might have lost a really good friend. My other friend told me they do not hate me and still care about me however I just struggle some days with "will we still ever be friends, why did I mess our friendship up so badly by doing this". Are these things normal to struggle with given the circumstances of what happened and us both kinda still wanting to be friends but a 3rd party telling us we should not talk right now at all.

2. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

Hey Anon - it SUCKS to lose friends. SUCKS. Especially when you can't make sense of what happened. On the other hand, what you're talking about sounds kinda like being "addicted" to a person, and that's not healthy anyway. You can always function as a human being...and thinking otherwise puts a LOT of pressure on the other person too. Probably you do need to just have some distance & time away from the other person.

A woman told me a long time ago, "Later on this will make more sense." and for most things, she's right. A long time later, you look back & understand more.

3. xKeKix

xKeKix Member

Hey Anon && Lps. Lps is very right on this subject. but if you need someone to talk to you can message me :) Same to you Lps.

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi anon - it's distressing when 3rd parties are seen to get in the way of what we feel we are needing, but I concur with the other posters here who say that we may not or will not understand right now at this moment, but that later on we will.
    Time is a great healer for these matters, and insight does come, if we are open to it - this is the way we learn about life and about relationships, and the fact that we cannot always have what we might so desperately believe we want to make us feel better and on top of things. I had vicious mindgames played against me as well, and I wanted so much to be able to vindicate myself and be friendly with certain people who I thought would be good for me - but was prevented in this by others' choices - and some things it is impossible to do anything about.

However, killing oneself is not the solution, there is another way more powerful that is constuctive and so much more beneficial for the future. Whatever does not kill us does in fact make us stronger, but it does take time to be able to see this, so go gently on yourself hun as you heal from this experience. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.