hi - new

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MoAnamCara, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

today is the closest ive come with thoughts and ideas and i scared myself. i was so worked up and not thinking with clarity. no matter what i did i found it hard to stop getting even more worked up until the breaking point came. the realization of my thoughts and what i was thinking of doing scared me.

im just worried about going back to that place, with those thoughts and actually doing something next time.

any ideas for getting out of a rut like this?

(taking meds, going to therapy, tried for hours to relax and get the thoughts away, tried reading, doing other things for distraction)

2. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

never mind

its not important

3. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I get like that sometimes too, and I know it's hard to get out of.
    What usually helps me is talking to someone, either on the phone or online.
    Or maybe try listening to some "happy" music really loud?
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi sorry for not getting back to you sooner when i get so close to the edge so to speak i thing of my family and how it would destroy them leave themwith endless sadness and pain that usually get me to stop. Then i call crisis line and talk to someone who helps clear my thoughts up and gets me to see that it will be okay i just have to have hope that all. hugs to you
  5. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

thanks rukia & total eclipse -

i started to call a helpline but i hung up the phone, its not easy for me to talk.

im not sure that thoughts of family would be a preventative at such a moment.

thanks again.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can tell you only because i have felt the pain when someone suicides in the family the pain is so excruciating for the ones left behind I guess that is what prevents me from doing the same thing Next time let the phone ring through okay the person on the other end will help you talk okay They are kind and the is what you need right now is kindness and understanding Try again okay this time don't hang up hugs
  7. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

first time i called a suicide hotline i was really scared. i could barely speak. but it was totally worth it. try again. good luck.
  8. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

total eclipse -

yes, my best friend did it so i understand your point.

will maybe call another time.

thanks dazzle too.
  9. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I was at that point this morning, but thanks to my support here I got through it, keep fighting the demons and come here and use us if you need to. Im here if you ever want to talk, PM anytime.
  10. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

thank you

its rough right now again, i was better before earlier. i tried calling but hung up again. this is nuts. im upset with myself.

i dont know what to do now
  11. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

Take a deep breathe, calm yourself, know that your stronger than this feeling and it will pass.

I hope your lunch was good and your feeling better. PM anytime you want to talk okay.

Hope tomorrow is better than today.
  12. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

If you're having trouble with the hotline, try talking to us instead maybe? If you tell us what exactly is going on, we can try to help.
  13. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

doityourself - thank you for your help earlier

Tooshy - am very overwhelmed and extremely anxious and i dont know whats going on with me, i dont like this feeling
  14. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

Do you know what it is you're overwhelmed or anxious about? Or did it just happen?
  15. MoAnamCara

MoAnamCara SF Artist

i have to go, but thank you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.