Hi, newbie here

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Eve, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eve

Eve New Member

Hi, let's hope I'm doing this right, I sort of skimmed the instructions as hard to read through tears.

I'm about to turn 35, have been unemployed for 2 years. Have been looking for my pupose/career/job/goal for years. I get these lovely cycles of trying, giving up, getting depressed, starting over again. Every time I try to determine whether I have depression, I look online and see that it's diagnosed as 'being upset for no reason.' Well, it's not no reason - not having work or a career or a purpose in life sucks, so there my reason, so I must not be diagnostically "depressed." Despite sitting here in bed midday and having done nothing but cry for 3 hours, I must not be "depressed."

Have dealt with abusive father, who is not in my life. Both parents never had careers.

Have nice and supportive husband who is in the next room. He has no idea that I feel this way, and wouldn't have any idea how to help.

Have therapist who is currently on vacation. Has never gotten this bad before. Or at least not recently.

Don't want to off myself, but if I could choose to opt-out of life right now without hurting others, I would.

2. carebear35

carebear35 Active Member

Hi Eve, :welcome_mouse:

I can relate to you sort of. I'm 35 years old have been unemployed for 4 years and have a therapist who cares more about my father's feelings than mine. I'm new too so we can be new together.

3. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Hi Eve. Welcome.

Depression is almost always triggered by events in our life. Professional problems and parental abuses being 2 of the most common.

I strongly recommend that you go to a doctor and explain your symptoms.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Northern that life events can trigger depression. Please keep posting for the support you truly deserve. If you want to talk in private then feel free to PM me anytime. Please take the virtual hand I offer and hold on to it to get you through this tough time.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Eve and welcome, you are very brave to open up here. I ho[pe you find the support you need here :hugs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.