Hi there, I'm Rachel

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by StarXedLover, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarXedLover

StarXedLover New Member

I'm really glad I found this site. I often feel like I really need to express exactly what I'm feeling (even if it's depressing or morbid) but I never do, because most people don't want to hang around someone who is a "downer". Hopefully, this forum will be just what I need--a community of people who all understand what I'm going through right now.
    I am a positive person who is dealing with a lot of negative stuff in life right now. People always say that I'm the life of the party, and that I always seem to be happy. They have no idea what my life is really like.
    My main problem right now is physical pain. It's exhausting to be in pain every minute of every day. I have fibromyalgia and endometriosis, neither of which are being effectively treated. Nothing really helps. I know I am stronger than this pain, but sometimes it's just so darn hard. It wears me down.
    I also have a lot of mental health stuff going on, including bipolar disorder, ADD, and anxiety. I feel like I'm trapped in a pill bottle. One pill makes you larger, the other makes you small. I've accepted that prescription drugs are part of my life, but when I still feel crappy even though I'm taking them faithfully, it's hard to see the point.
    I'm starting to doubt everything in my life. What I want, what I need, where I'm going, etc. I guess I just need to figure things out. I've been through tough stuff before, and I'll make it through this, too. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
    Thanks for reading

Rachel

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Rachel physical pain can sure wear ones mental health down If the meds are not working hun get you r doctor to change them ok try something new Im glad you found SF hun you can vent here anytime ok it helps hugs

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF - you will find many people here that understand the problems you are facing so feel free to share your thoughts about your own situations or you experiences with others in a similar situation.

Take Care

Ben

4. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome to SF! :smile:

I'm sorry you're dealing with a lot of physical and emotional pain. Sometimes it helps to talk, so I'm glad you found us. Looking forward to getting to know you!

5. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wanna welcome you to SF too. :) Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.