Hi there. New here.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by suicidal_, Jun 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicidal_

suicidal_ New Member

My name is maria and I'm 20. In the last seven days I've attemped suicide three times. My story is really long. To summarize it, my dad is verbally abusive and he won't let me move out of the house because he'll disown me. So I decided to stay in his house and die. Should make him happier.

Ps. If you want to know my full story, for a better understanding, you can pm me. Thanks.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Maria,
    Welcome to the forums!! I would say move out anyhow.. Better to be safe.. Your dad will just have to get over it..He sounds very selfish..You deserve happiness not to be abused..Take care!!

3. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, please be safe. :hug:

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

If your dads abusive what would be bad about him disowning you? You have to do whats in your best intrests

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Maria. It would be much better for you to remove yourself from an abusive situation regardless of what threats the abuser makes. It really is little loss to you as your safety is already compromised. What have you got to lose by leaving? You are already talking about losing your life. What is left?

6. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I think that if you decide to get rid of him, you will be much better off

7. suicidal_

suicidal_ New Member

thanks everyone for your concern. the reason im scared of getting disowned is that my whole family is going to disown me, not just my dad.

8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF! :hug: Do your other family know about the situation? Maybe you'd benefit from telling them.

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are 20 and need to live your own life now don't allow others to control you black mail you into doing anything okay. Go live your life be happy if they disown you then so be it you are an adult now go live your life okay have fun.
    welcome to the forum.

10. suicidal_

suicidal_ New Member

My other family wot believe me. They'll say Im just being a brat or that I'm just being stupid and I don't know what I'm saying since I'm just a child. It's so terrible cos each time I hear my dads voice I get so depressed and just want to drink poison and die. Plus he won't allow me move out, because he thinks I have tendencies to become loose.

11. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

At 20, he has no right to stop you from moving out, though. He can't legally do anything to you if you decide you're going to. If he becomes violent, you can always phone the police. They will be glad to help you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.