Hi there!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TheGirlWhoFellToEarth, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!

I just wanted to introduce myself a little bit.
    In advance: I'm from Germany, so please bear with me, if my English isn't that good.

I'm in my late 20s, struggeling with depression and suicidal thoughts for years. Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse.
    Since I remember, I felt some kind of different and I remember several situations, other people made me feel like a stranger and not according to them. That's why I chose that nickname: Sometimes I feel like an alien and I wonder if anyone on this planet will ever understand me... Furthermore I've got a strange appearance, like David Bowie in that movie "The man who fell to earth". I've got different coloured eyes, too, a very, very bright skin and very bright, almost white hair.

For now I don't have any suicidal thoughts, but I'm unhappy and some kind of world-weary. I don't want to leave this world, but I just can't stand it. I'd like to meet some people, who can reconstruct this. Maybe this is the right place.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi TheGirl nice to meet welcome to SF

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi. Welcome. I really like what you wrote. While I am so sorry you are in pain, the way you describe yourself sounds so interesting. I know many people who do not think they really belong here.... on earth. They just feel like they are from someplace else. Sort of displaced. But here we are. I happen to believe that people are here for a good reason. Even though I personally would much rather be someplace else. But I do not think that to be so strange.

Oh yes. I am glad you are here, at sf. It is a good community with caring people. Actually, I think its the best online community I have found.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Cooee from the Commonwealth of Australasia! (ie Australia, not Austria)
    :bubbles: is a wonderful cure around here, I have been told. One look and you will always be at peace with yourself.

5. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Hello and welcome earth girl..we also feel a bit off and different ourselves.. You can feel welcome here.. Just the way you come is great..glad to have you with us now!!!

Your English is great.. Tons better than my German!!! Look around the place at your own speed.. Get any questions please let us know..take care, Jim

6. Morisha

Morisha Active Member

Willkommen,Ich bin auch neu hier und komme ebenfalls aus Deutschland :)

"For now I don't have any suicidal thoughts, but I'm unhappy and some kind of world-weary. I don't want to leave this world, but I just can't stand it. I'd like to meet some people, who can reconstruct this. Maybe this is the right place."

Exactly how I feel!

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome! I also feel like an alien here sometimes, and not easily understood. It can be hard to come to terms with, but just know you aren't the only one feeling this way. I think this forum will be a great place to help you heal :)

8. Thanks a lot to all of you. You are so kind, I really feel welcome here and not that strange. And while it's soothing, to know, that I'm not alone, it's also sad, that so many people have to feel the same pain and doubts...

9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

yes it is sad. But you have a safe and comfortable home here :) I think that sometimes the most displaced people can be the most gifted people. Just something to think about :) And I agree with Jim. You write english very well !!

10. nolongerknow

nolongerknow Active Member

It is sad that some people suffer from mental illnesses, but it does give you a unique perspective. Being normal is boring ( i imagine). And I agree with jimk your english is much better then my german!

11. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

welcome to sf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.