Hi there

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Claire Bear, May 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Hi all I hope this is ok to post
    I'm feeling awful depressed and at the end of my tether. Everything is screwed up and i can't deal with it anymore and feel like why should I have to. I don't have anyone to turn to. Doctors are useless they throw pills at me like that's the solution to everything. Deal with your emotions they say. The next minute they're prescribing pills to mask them. My family live abroad and think depression is all attention seeking and self pity. My boyfriend left me in this place on my own not knowing a soul all because he can't understand what's wrong with me. He doesn't really care and why should he? Suicide is so appealing to me these months and I'm obsessing about it. I feel so alone.

2. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Hi Claire, I know how you feel. I was of the opinion that people with depression etc were all attention seeking however now that it has affected me it's opened my eyes a lot. I to am on meds from the doctor and I don't think they are helping very much.

I have not said anything to anyone about my thoughts as I feel it will be a burden and i don't want to drop my issues onto them.

Try and keep your head up and see how things go. I have contemplated suicide and think about it most days also but that's not the right answer to solving the problems.

3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi Claire you the Claire with Tike?

:freehug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2014
  4. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Hi ljt I appreciate your response. I'm sorry to hear you struggle yourself.
    I'm just exhausted now and feel suicide is my only option at this point and I'm okay with that. It might not be the right answer technically but it's the answer that I've managed to come up with that finally fits right.

5. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

thank you for the hug

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No the answer does not fit suicide is not a answer ok it is a side effect to depression Meds take time to kick in but they do help I have used them only when i am desperate and they did take the deep sadness away so i did not leave but to work you also need therapy with meds ok No one can truly understand depression unless they have felt it themselves so they will be ignorant to what it is you are going through. Get the support ok the meds therapy that you deserve to feel better hugs

7. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Hi total eclipse

Reading that from someone else's point of view I can agree with it but when it comes to my point of view I can't. I am against all these medicines that's available. I don't believe in them or agree with them.
    I don't think I want to even try anymore. What's the point.

8. apx24

apx24 Member

We care about you Claire, even if it seems that your family and your boyfriend don't. We know you're not making it up, we know you're not attention seeking. We understand you, and we think you're amazingly strong for carrying on.

9. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Member

Hi apx thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.