hi there

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by oliveb, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oliveb

oliveb New Member

my name is olive and I'm a college student. I have issues with generalized anxiety disorder and depression (which I suppose goes without saying). I see a therapist every 2 weeks and she is helping me in some areas but I lie to her about some of my past and minimize the severity of my suicidal thoughts. I am here because I don't really know where else to turn.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Olive i am glad you are seeing a therapist and i do hope in time you will trust her enough to open up more. She needs to know hun so she can help you heal Welcome to SF.
  3. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

hi olive, welcome very much.. hope being here is helpful to you. lots of good caring people on here.. take care, Jim
  4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Olive and welcome...therapists can only treat the things we reveal to them...can you try to tell her something more disclosing and she how it is handled? Maybe also talking about trust and why you do not disclose more would be of value. Welcome again and please keep posting
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Welcome to you, Olive! Keep up the good work with your therapist. :)
  6. therapy_fan

therapy_fan Well-Known Member

Welcome Olive!! :) Hope u find SF helpful!has saved my life more then once! :hugtackles:
  7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums Olive!!
  8. Constantinos

Constantinos Well-Known Member

Hello Olive and welcome to the forums, i'm here to help you whenever you need help.

Feel free to send me a PM!

I am happy to hear that you have a therapist, this is definately very important however i would like to help you to trust her more - its important that you say your whole past and to say that you are suicidal - this way she can help you better.

How long have you been visiting this therapist? Do you think you can visit this therapist on a weekly basis?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.