Hi Too Afraid to ask for help

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by davytelford, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davytelford

davytelford Member

Hi my name is Davy im 26 its really hard for me to talk about ive been mentally ill for about 4 years and about a year ago i was medically cleared to find work again but its proving difficult . and 2 weeks ago i was released from my care worker due to me being ready to be left on my own.

I'm really struggling to keep it together im not one that asks for help the fact is im afraid to ask for help feels like every things caving in on me i have self harmed in the past and have done recently i would talk to my mom but shes got a lot on recently and the only advice my doctor had was TRY NOT TO DO ANYTHING STUPID

im so sorry for dribbling on its taken me 3 hours to write that thank you

2. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

HI Davy .. welcome to SF.. when you said released from care worker does that leave you now without mental health care altogether now??? that sounds wrong to just dump you now if htat is the case.. maybe a local mental health center might take you in with almost no charge to you..

crisis line number for the USA is 1-800-273-TALK.. calling that will get your call routed to a local crisis line near to you.. if not in usa the listing of many countries criisis lines is here also on SF.. maybe in the welcome forum.. sorry i do not know the exact location on here now.. i will look in just a moment so i know where on here they are.. crisis lines provide help professionalloy.. they know about agencies that might be able to help you..

Davy this was your first post on here.. it is safe to talk to us.. lot of people here that have gone thru this stuff also.. all we want to do is try to help you.. jim

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

the forum with numbers and links is just a little down in forum called links and resources..

3. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hi Davy,

A warm welcome to you, and I hope you contact people soon to discuss these feelings with....You are brave to reach out here for support. I know it must be hard for you. Also, the link Jim is referring to can be accessed by clicking on the following link:

http://www.suicideforum.com/forumdisplay.php?13-Links

In addition, here is the link that takes you to a list of different crisis hotline numbers across the globe, as I do not know which country you are from either:

http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?1169-Crisis-Hotline-Numbers-International

I hope the information we have provided above is helpful.....take care and stay safe, sir. It is a pleasure to meet you. :)

Alex

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2012
  4. texaskitty

texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Davy, welcome.

I am sorry you are in a bad situation. I hope you found the crisis links to be helpful.

Do continue to post and let us get to know you, this is a friendly supportive place.

There is also a chat that runs pretty much 24/7 if you would like that.

big :hug: and good thoughts

5. davytelford

davytelford Member

im in the UK and stayed on all night it helped a bit

6. davytelford

davytelford Member

please i need help extremely quickly i need to talk to someone

7. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

We are here... I am willing to listen.

8. HI Davy, it sounds like you just let us know and way to go for you :yahoo: l Love it when ppl do healing stuff and not realize it. Way to go Davy!

9. LittleOne

LittleOne Member

Davy, by coming here you have already made the first two HUGE steps!! You recognized a problem and you HAVE asked for help!!! Feel very very very proud of that!!
    Please talk to me. Does this site have private messaging? If not, I have AIM. Be my friend. Talk to me. Tell me what is going on. There is no problem that requires a permanent, irreversible decision. It sounds like you love your mother a lot. That is a wonderful thing. No matter what is going on with her, reach out if you need to. I'm sure she'd much rather hear your problems than lose you.
    No one is alone in the world. It's just way too big of a place to be alone.
    Much love to you, Davy. Life can be very difficult, but as far as I know you only get one chance at it. Don't give up. You never know how different your life can be in six months. Why not stick around and see?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.