Hi, wanna take a look at my side?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by TheOtherSide, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide Member

Hi all.. I'm Ash and kinda lost on how to start here... my depression started when I entered high school, and has becoming worse ever since.. I've been trying several things to deal with it, smoking, drinking, cutting.. this year I also told my parents about it and we looked for help, which I'm getting now but since I can't seem to open up to the person I talk to I'm not getting really far.. worst part is it really affects my mom, she lost weight and increased smoking
    and that's all I can think of right now..

2. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Hello Ash & welcome to Sf. It's good that you were able to talk to your parents and that you are getting help.
    It can take some time to settle in and feel able to talk freely with a therapist but it will come with time.
    Your mum is worried about you and you are worried about her, the more you two can talk to each other the better it will be for both of you.
    Have you seen your family doctor as well as the therapist?
    Sf is a great place to come and talk, be it on the forums or in chat, I'm sure you will soon feel at ease here.
    Look forward to getting to know you.

Hazel

3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

Try getting some things out in writing and then read it to whomever you are talking with, or just let him/her read it

4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF, Ash!! :hug:

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ash, Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the help you need here :hug: If you want to chat, feel free to PM me anytime!!

6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum :hug:

7. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to the forum!:smile: As was said, sometimes developing trust and openness with a therapist can take time. However, after a reasonable period of time if no trust seems to be developing you may want to be referred to someone else. In counseling, as in everything else, there may not be good vibes between everyone. Are you trying any of the antidepressant meds? Not everyone finds them helpful, but there are so many different ones to try until you can find something that helps you.

As for your mom, perhaps you can just reassure her that you love her and she may not worry so much as you start to feel better. All the best to you.:hug:

8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Ash.

9. danni

danni Chat Buddy

welcome to the forum :hug: my pm box is always open if you want to talk.

10. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSide Member

No I'm not getting any meds, they don't think it's necessary (that's maybe because I haven't told alot)

11. Robin

Robin Guest

Welcome to the site :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.