Hi x

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Welshgirl, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Hello everyone,

I am a 34 yr old woman living in the UK. I have been experiencing a lot of emotional pain and loneliness, and I am hoping to reach out to others on here. People who understand!

In my past, I have experienced a lot of abuse. Including verbal, physical and sexual. I think I have only begun to grasp lately, the negative impact that this has had on my whole adult life. The way I feel about myself, and the things that I have done. I think that I am learning, and I do feel wiser, so to speak. But it is not helping and I still feel incredibly alone in my struggles. So where to turn from here? I don't know :-(

I think that I drink too much, to alleviate anxiety. I also think that I may have OCD tendencies. I have never been one to admit to a problem and seek help, so I don't know. As I get older though, I realise that things cannot continue as they are. I want to get better, but then I also want to give up.

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Welcome to SF :hug: I am glad that you found us and you do not have to feel alone - there are many people here who know what it is like to struggle and who will lend a friendly ear (eye?).

Wanting to get better and wanting to give up are two sides of the same coin I have found; the central issue is the desire to "not feel like this anymore". Keep talking and stay safe :hug:

3. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Thank you so much for your kind welcome Freya. It helps it really does, thank you x

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Welcome Welshgirl, glad that you have reached out and have found SF, which is a wonderful place to find support and encouragement and a place to also air whatever is on your mind and find perspectives from others which may help :) Blessings and strength, urP

5. Taanya

Taanya Member

Welcome to the Forum! I'm new here, too, but even so I've already found some pretty supportive people here. You will too. You're not alone in your suffering!
    If you need to talk, feel free to PM me

Chin up and try to smile!

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I can relate to a lot of what you have wrote so if you want a friend(loneliness is a bitch) I am here , you can private message me and I promise to support you in which ever way I can...also, welcome =)

7. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I suspect the king of England once abused Wales also, some centuries ago. But on a more sober note, both the above items you mention are substantive issues--probably too big to deal with alone.

I hope you feel welcome here, and also have someone to talk with in your area. Best wishes...

8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

welcome, this place is full of supportive peeps.
    will find many who relate, some who can vent and talk to also

9. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Thx all, much appreciated

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum, you are among a nice bunch of people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.