Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by UNE, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UNE

UNE Member

It feels somewhat strange to introduce myself, this forum was a help for me when I found it recently, and the feedback has been respectful and helpful already. When I first found this forum, I could not have written this intro message as my mood at that time was precluding it. One of the most helpful things is to reach out to others so i try to do that, and it is something that costs nothing that human beings can do for each other. It is sad to see that others are suffering, though. Hopefully participating here can open many opportunities to communicate and learn to avoid slipping into maladaptive negativity, which can become automatic if one hasn't spoken to anyone about what is troubling them. So needless to say it is not easy to systematically deconstruct one's reason for depression or sadness. Thankfully if we make mistakes trying to do it a learning curve toward adaptation is more likely with clear feedback as is given here. For example, I had no idea that I was writing in such a negative tone-I thought i was being neutral! So improvement is more likely if trial and error mediates hope. I had forgotten what hope felt like, and a tangible stepping stone to my reconnecting with hope was respectful feedback. I am not in favor of unmoderated sites on this forum subject, as it is so easy for someone to be hurt by others at a vulnerable time.

Thank you...and I'm still here. Every post is tangible sign of someone still being here.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun nice to see you are still here and i hope reaching out to others you will see that healing can happen. hugs to you.

3. UNE

UNE Member

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.