Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Rob68, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob68

Rob68 Member

The name is Rob as you can guess. I'm in my 40's and have disliked living for as long as I remember.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Rob nice to meet you Are you receiving any professional help at this time hun for you depression

3. Rob68

Rob68 Member

Hello

No, not at this time. I've tried that route in the past but with no success. Its different now; I'm older and I see the horizon getting evermore narrow. I do with for annihilation.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

G'day, mate, from the Commonwealth of Australasia and welcome on SF!

Whichever problems you are dealing with, an hour or three here during the worst hours of your life when you feel that you cannot go on anymore, log-in here and you will find many dedicated people to talk with, without fear of being shunned or judged and give you a real to go on that one extra day.

:bubbles:

g-gao^^

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Rob - none of us got to ask to be born, so we find ourselves stuck with it and then told to make the best of it, eh? But sometimes, we find we don't have the resources to do that, as we would like to feel we could have succeeded in being happy if perhaps we had been born as someone else or into a different family that had more to give etc.

Whatever the reason, I promise you that underneath it all, the masks, the sham, the false promises etc. that we have learned to see through - that there is a wonderful, precious reason we are here that is there to be discovered. Good on you for joining SF and we hope to be able to be of some use to you hun :)

6. Rob68

Rob68 Member

Thank you for the replies. I was really bad last night; Sunday nights are always extra depressing for me.

7. youRprecious!

Is there a reason for Sunday nights being like that Rob - that you are aware of? Like, what's your immediate impression when you think "oh no, not another Sunday night!"? A bad memory or something?

8. Rob68

Rob68 Member

I think it has to do with the disappointment of the weekend. Even though I have no reason, I do feel a sense of "anticipation" near the end of the week. Probably out of habit. The longed for joy never comes and this becomes really evident by the time Sunday night arrives.

9. youRprecious!

I do know what you mean by that feeling, Rob. I felt the same way at the end of every Christmas Day as a child, saying: "Well, tomorrow is still an important day, isn't it?" (UK Boxing Day) - because of the hype and then the let down that it was all over at the end of the day with only a few hours left before "normality" resumed.....

So, experiencing something similar every week - I can understand how that would get you down.... I think though that the opportunity in your quest for joy - is just that - the opportunity to discover it :) Generally, people tend to look in all the wrong places for it and then wonder why they don't have it. This problem can be rectified, but it is a journey - a process that we can begin to believe in - Santa is only an inadequate representation of it, but gives us all the concept and idea when we are kids! :)

10. mackaroni

mackaroni Well-Known Member

Hi Rob!
    Welcome to SF! I am new here too so hopefully we can support each other. I have a hard time on the weekends because of the less structure and less people being around. I have found that I need to plan things even if its just for me on the weekend. I spend Saturdays in the local public library for much of the day. There I can use the computers, browse the magazine section or just curl up with a good book. It also feels good because I wont run into anyone I know and can just escape the world but in a healthy way! I hope to see you around the boards!

:semi-twins:

11. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Aye, I hear that, although for me, it tends to be the middle of the week in which I tend to get more depressed than other days, but then, I usually find some small comfort in a book (either writing or reading) to try and keep myself preoccupied than having to think and dwell on whatever issue is troubling me the most at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.