Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by ravenlynne, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravenlynne

ravenlynne New Member

Hi:

New here. I've been depressed for years on and off by month. I suspect it has something to do with my hormonal cycle since I had children. I took myself to my doctor last year because I was doing lots of net research into methods of ending it. He told me I have "anxiety" and gave me zoloft. Didn't work so much and I don't have insurance so I"m just living day to day.

ravenlynne

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Zoloft did not work for me either hun but i tried another med and it worked If you do not have coverage there are companies that will supply med for you at a lower rate there is a post here that tell of the companies depending on where you are. coming here help to h un You can talk to others who understand you can get the support you need without judgment hugs

3. ravenlynne

ravenlynne New Member

Thanks, Eclipse. I guess today is what you'd call a bad day. Trying to make it through.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hugs to you hun hope you can reach out and talk hun to someone anyone ok hugs

5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Hello and welcome. I don't know what country you are in, but if in the U.S., there are a number of public assistance programs in the mental health care arena that might be able to help you since you do not have insurance. It does sound, from your own description, as if the situation could be chemical related and hence medication is probably a good avenue to pursue (it may take trying many different things before hitting the one that reacts best with the condition).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.