Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by MelKur, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelKur

MelKur New Member

Hi I'm Melanie. I'm new here. I don't know what to do with my life. I have almost no friends, people dont like me. I hate being social. School is going well (the academic parts.) but presentations and social interaction are really getting to me. Many days I pretend to be sick just to avoid being there.

I recently began seeing a therapist but I don't know if that will help at all.

That's me

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Melanie nice to meet you You will make friends here hun I think having a therapist will help you Have you talked to the councilor at your school regarding your anxiety issues hun
    see what can be done to help you with your presentations

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...there are many people here who report the same reactions to social situations and I think it was very wise of you to work with a therapist about this...there are many successful ways to be in the world comfortably...welcome again

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Melanie, welcome to SF. People mostly don't like me either, and I become very nervous in social situations. So I know how difficult that can be. Hopefully seeing the therapist will help you.

5. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Welcome Melanie. Give the therapist a try and if it doesn't help don't assume that it's your fault or that therapy isn't for you - try a different therapist.

6. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

welcome to SF' s Melanie.. what everyone above me has said is good and know that we are a friendly bunch who does not bite or judge.. all we want to do is make some friends and help each other.. social anxiety and being around ppl and being comfortable with this can maybe get a start right on here.. take your own time and we will try to help you some.. lots of other people on here trying to deal with the same issues as you..

glad to have you with us now.. hope to hear from you again.. take care, JIm

7. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Welcome

8. MelKur

MelKur New Member

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.