Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by the_kids_arent_alright, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, maybe should have posted this in the Suicide Forum but since it's my first post I've decided to post it here.

Basically, I've been having some suicidal feelings/anxiety over the past month or so, although they seem to have become more profound and common of late. When these emotions started I kept note of the way I was feeling, and after they had seemingly subsided for a couple of weeks they seem to have re-emerged recently.

At my worst I am feeling hopeless, that there is no way out of my current situation. My predicament encompasses having depression, anxiety, insomnia and social anxiety to some degree, while having been unemployed since finishing uni last year. Being less active and not having much to work on his no doubt damaged me and has ultimately led to the feelings I'm experiencing now.

I'm not in receipt of any financial income, instead living on savings and help from parents where needed, which is a stressor. I was going to subscribe for JSA when this coincided with my initial feelings of anxiety, and haven't looked into it since. Does anyone with experience of the system have any advice when it comes to receiving this benefit? To be honest the mere thought of going to a Hull job centre just makes me shudder, and I've been put off by horror stories I've read regarding the advisers.

I am due to start counselling (or at least have an initial telephone appointment) in nearly a month's time, but I really don't think I can wait that long for start professional help. Does anyone with experience of the NHS medical health service know if it's possible to hurry it up if you've been experiencing suicidal thoughts?

The anxiety I have been experiencing has been excruciating at its worst, although curiously it has been important in me making some important steps in improving my situation like starting volunteering. Anxiety is very much a natural emotion to help us in certain situations, but for me it's largely been in overdrive which has led to the very distressing emotions I have been feeling of late. It's been making me worry over the future and of problems beyond my control than is normal, healthy or natural, and I think is largely responsible for the suicidal feelings I have been experiencing.

Please feel free to ask about anything. Cheers.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I am in the US so the NIH system confuses me, but what I do know is that anywhere you walk into an emergency room, you cannot be refused...please, if you cannot wait the month of the initial interview, get the care you need...welcome again and please continue to share with us...also, I know many people here who are familiar with the systems over the pond

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want welcome you to SF hope you do reach out in rl as well hun to get support you need. As Sadeyes said no emergency dept can refuse you care hugs

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi, nice to meet you. I am sorry things are so hard right now. I am from the US. So I am not going to be of much help. If you do not get enough answers from people in the UK, I would suggest starting a new thread with a title that is specific for the info you want, if you know what I mean. That way it increases the possiblity of more people from the UK who might have the specific info will see the thread subject title and answer.

The only link I could suggest for info would be the Samaritans helpline. they are in the UK. http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-ca...s-you-can-get-touch/what-happens-when-i-email I have heard some good reports about them. The info re how to contact them is listed on this website.

Glad you are here. I hope you will continue to post. And hopefully make this your online community.

5. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.