Discussion in 'Welcome' started by livingonlight, Jun 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. livingonlight

livingonlight Active Member

I would love to not feel so much sadness but it feels as if I'm wired to be depressed most of the time. Right now I'm trying to detox from alcohol. I've been drunk for 3 days and the problem is that I need booze to feel well which just gets me drunk again. I have to taper and maybe tomorrow Ill feel better and I won't drink. This life I'm living breaks my heart because I do feel very happy a lot but because of my dark moods I struggle.
    The hardest part is relationships. Isolation is my biggest problem and even talking to family truthfully is impossible.
    I'm reaching out here so that maybe there is someone who can understand what I'm feeling. I don't want to end life but I have felt such deep despair quite often. Thanks for reading.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I understand how you are feeling because I'm dealing with very similar things myself. I can't really go a day without drinking anymore, I use it to deal with isolation and loneliness. I know how hard it can be to talk to your family, do you have anyone else you can talk to? Even just typing here if that helps. I'm sorry you are in such a tough spot right now, but we are here to listen. You can talk to me if you ever need someone to talk to.
  3. livingonlight

livingonlight Active Member

I'm better tonight. I ate and I'm not so emotional. I guess you might know how tough it is to be hungover and hurting. Alcohol makes Depression worse and sickness does not help. It's good too feel heard thanks
  4. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

welcome to SF, livingonlight. :)

Yes, alcohol and depression often combine to go round and round each other in an endless loop, each making the other worse. I know too well how that goes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.