Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Yoyogirl86, Sep 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

Hi All

I am Ellie, I currently have major depression and docs are still unsure if I have borderline personality and post traumatic stress disorder so I am waiting to hear what's gonna happen in a couple of years. In 2011, I was attacked by a service user and this lead to depression, suicidal thoughts and various things happening in my life. I then had to give up my course due stress and anxiety of getting to place, it was making me ill mentally so I gave that up. I was also behind with my workload and couldn't catch up. So then I ended up job and courseless and that also lead to depression and since things have been rather rocky. I have recently lost my boyfriend (he ended it with me via email recently) and then parents told me I should give him up as friend as well. So Im going through a lot right now and it's all making me ill.

As for hobbies, I like to read, write letters, send emails to pen-pals and listen to music. I occasionally watch tv. I am also currently studying an access to social work qualification with distance learning centre.

Anyway I'd better go now
    I hope to hear from you soon

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF Ellie. I am sorry has been a rough time for you but hopefully you will find talking on here and seeing how others deal with similar thoughts and situations manage. Glad you found us!

Take Care and Be Safe

3. Goneofftrack

Goneofftrack Member

Hi ellie, im new here too , you mentioned stuff like service users and challenging behaviour. It sounds like your doing a similar course to me in college, im training to be a social worker. If that is the case, then you are right to leave, as rewarding as jobs with service users are, they are always be exhausting and heart breaking, I was never attacked by a client yet, I say yet because I applied for a job in residential care for children. However I did a course called TCI, which teaches you way of managing a crisis and protecting yourself from hit or kicked. I did a placement in a domestic violence refuge, I only lasted 3 months it was really hard, too much stress for me. I am out of college now, I was told to take a year out, I hope to return in Jan. But self care for everyday life not just things like social worker is so important. Im regularly attending counselling and support groups, to look after my mental health. So I can relate to your situation.

As for the bf, I was dating a guy in college, and now that im ok I never seen him anymore, we broke up in May, but I found a new guy and his a preety gud guy. So I guess my point is, even though you may feel life is falling apart now, things do work out. Perhaps social care wasn't for you, and you find a job that makes you feel secure and happy and definitely better pay and hours and hopefully you'll find a new partner that treats you well.

I have depression and anxiety and ptsd, they are days I just want to stay in bed, surrounded by darkness and lock my door and shut the world out. When I just want to give up life completely because I can get so over whelmed. But I also know that those dark storms will pass and sun will come out from clouds again. I can get through this. I hope this gives you some motivation and emotional strength to hang in there.

HOPE Hold On Pain Ends <3
  4. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to SF Ellie!

I'm sorry about being attacked by a service user. This is slightly different, but I am a registered nurse who works on an acute care of the elderly ward, most of our patients have dementia and can be very aggressive. I've been hit, kicked, pinched, punched, slapped, bitten, groped, scratched you name it, it's happened. It can be really scary and frightening at times, but the best way to overcome it is to talk about what happened because keeping it bottled inside does you no good.

I hope you will be able to resume your course soon, and start feeling better soon!
  5. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

the course i did was education studies it had nothing to with social care and I was on my last day of work as health access adviser for adults with learning disabilities and i was at a conference and i had no prior knowledge of the service users. I wasn't warned of his his sexual history or behaviour.
    I am gonna resume my college studies and this year, I am gonna complete my access to he diploma in social work and prove them wrong
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.