hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by treefrog7, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. treefrog7

treefrog7 New Member

Just recently joined my 3rd Dbt group. This time I am supposed to have a Dbt therapist. My therapist of 21 years and my brand new Dbt therapist decided there should be a slow transition from Mischel (therapist for 21 years) and Shelley(brand new therapist - 3 weeks) last Monday I met with both at the same time. Mischel told me she would not see me anymore on our scheduled day and I should only see Shelley. She will only see me if I see Shelley. Have tried killing myself 3 times in the past year. Just broke up with the love of m life. Told both therapists I would not be seeing either anymore. I have signed a will. Have a note written and all my important information laid out for my mom. I have never felt so abandoned. How could professionals act like this. I was on a suicide watch last weekend and now neither therapist will contact me - answer any texts or emails.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi treefrog i am sorry you are feeling so abandoned i know that hurts so much hun. I am sorry they are not returning your text not professional of them at all. Perhaps do what they want for now ok give the new therapist a chance hun you never know a trust may grow and you will be even happier with new one

Stay here ok we are not professionals but we will listen and understand and not judge you

3. treefrog7

treefrog7 New Member

Thank you for your response

4. treefrog7

treefrog7 New Member

I'm 44 years old and having been dealing with depression (at least diagnosed) since 13. Life has been very difficult and I am so tired. I have been in therapy consistently since I was 13. For the past two years, weekly. Just want the pain to end. To have my therapist of 21 years abandon me hurts to the core. It took me a long time to trust her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.