Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Dressrehearsalrag, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dressrehearsalrag

Dressrehearsalrag New Member

Hi. I'm A. I joined this site because, while I've struggled with depression and suicidal thoughts almost constantly my whole life, I feel alone and desperate lately. I moved to a new city for work in March, and while my career is offering me more than I ever expected out of it or out of life in general, I can't get out of the deep depression (worse than the normal "low hum" of suicidal thoughts) I've been in. I have become totally isolated here. I don't have a close friend here to speak to and I am afraid of burdening friends out of state with negativity.

Tonight's especially bad, so I looked for help or support or something. I hope I find it here, and can maybe help others who are struggling as well.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

hi Dressreheresalrag. I do hope you find the support here. I can tell that this is the only website I have tried that I feel truly safe and comfortable at. And believe me, I have tried many for depression, anxiety .... So I personally think you had a stroke of luck when you found this community.

The management here is very kind. The people are suppportive and caring. More important, you can be yourself here. No one has to pretend. No one has to put on a mask. None of us are strangers to suffering isolation and pain. Either currently or in the past. So welcome here. I hope you find comfort company and community here. Its many people's lifeline. I do not know where I would be without this community.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi there, welcome to SF. This is a good place to open up, find support and also give some in return. Hope you can make good use of this site.
  4. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

very nice to meet you. you will find that many here can relate with you, and may have some advices to offer that you may have never thought of. there is also a chat portion to this site wherein the members can live chat with each other. i go there quite often, i hope to see you there sometime too... come meet all of us and relax a bit :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.