Hi...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by argento, Feb 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. argento

argento New Member

Having rough time of late and a friend recommended I tried online and saw this forum and crossed fingers I wouldn't make idiot of myself in first post.

I'm a recently turned 34 year old guy from Scotland and feel really weird that at my age I still haven't sorted out my issues but hoping I'm not the oldest, please :) I've had some life problems for want of a better term and this has caused depression and anxiety. Normally I can bury my head and isolate myself till I can deal with it but this time it isn't working, so hoping this forum will help me in some way, even if just to get my focus back or vent in safe surroundings.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Hi Argento - just outside Glasgow? Ardrossan? Dumbarton? Anyways, welcome to SF - when I first saw the link to here I thought it was a Trekky site lol Lots going on here - all sorts of support groups/pages plus lighter subjects to break the boredom and raise the spirits
    :flock:

3. argento

argento New Member

Admittedly I am a geek though new trek ruined it :)
    I'll need to check out there various pages as have barely went past main forum, but everyone seems friendly and supportive of each other. Oh and the outside Glasgow thing is just easier than Clydebank a town just beside it, famous for getting destroyed in WW2...and Marti Pellow.

4. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hi argento, and I'm glad you decided to look around online and find this place. I'm sorry you are having troubles; I hope this site and community help you. And I thought you might like this: "So long as you have courage and a sense of humor, it's never too late to start life afresh." - Freeman Dyson

5. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome to the Forum! I'm glad you decided to join here, this is a helpful Forum and you'll get lots of support on here.

I'm very thankful that I found this place. :)

6. argento

argento New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. Have had worst five days I've had in years and unfortunately can't seem to shake it this time. It probably hasn't been helped by fact I've just restarted CBT so stirring up old pain while dealing with current issues.

Had another bad night so as soon as my GP practice opens I'm going to make emergency appointment. I don't like how close I came to ending it this time, I saw look in my eyes I've never saw before and it scared me.

Reading some of your stories helped me to keep it together, realising I'm not only one who has these problems...

7. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Well it's great and I admire you for taking the step to make an appointment with your doctor. That takes a lot of guts and that's something to be proud of. If you feel like it's a real emergency please call a help line.

8. SuicideSam

SuicideSam Banned Member

Hi argento, welcome to SF, I'm glad you have the courage necessary to keep yourself safe. Stay strong :)

9. Kerryjx

Kerryjx New Member

Hi Argento,
    I have just joined and this is the first post I am replying to so sorry if I get it wrong. I am 37 so ur not the oldest and I was wondering if u could tell me how u get on with CBT as I have heard of it but not sure what it is or how it works. I have suffered depression for many years and my gp isn't that helpful, although to be honest I don't know what they can do. Things are really bad at the minute and I found this site and joined but not really sure if its for me or how it can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.