Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by dking, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dking

dking New Member

Hello, my names Damion and I'm 38 years old. I've suffered with suicidal thoughts for as long as I can remember and tried it once when I was around 18, but luckily (unluckily?) I was found by a friend who happened to come home early.

A couple of years ago I got persuaded to move to Norway from the UK with my 4 year old son and partner for a better life. It's been really hard here as I have no family or friends (outside my partner and son) and really struggled to get a job so I've been very isolated for the last couple of years. Now, from out of the blue she has taken our son and left me, so the only thing keeping me going has been taken. I'm truly alone now and have lost the thing I most love. I'm really struggling and in a world of despair right now.

2. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Welcome to SF Damion
    :freehug:

3. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Oh Damion, I am so sorry to read about the pain about which you wrote. Do you think there is any way to get help in Norway? Counseling? Sometimes a good counselor can help people to find others who they can meet. eg through volunteering if you feel emotionally able to do that. I have found that it is a great way to not only make friends. But to feel needed.

what you wrote about is so horrible. But please stay alive for your son, okay? I know that while I want to die, I know I cannot. So the feelings can be there for some of us but we know we cannot really act on them. I hope for the sake of your son that you make sure he always has his dad... alive. Of course that does not change the feelings behind it all. The pain that drives someone to come to suicide forum.

This is a really good community. I am SO glad you found us. Please know that its an awesome place to write. Sorry if I gave too many suggestions. I just wanted to offer them to help with the pain. But I do understand that sometimes people are in way too much pain to volunteer and feel useful at the moment. Please take good care and hopefully post here often.

4. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Hello Damion, thank you for reaching out here. People have been very supportive for me here,I know we will be for you too. Like flowers says though, can you reach out to a counselor or community groups to help with your isolation and suicidal thinking? Keep posting here for support and ideas.By the way, it was luckily your friend was there to help, as you would not have had the opportunity to have a 4 year old. Wishing you may have better days.

5. Stacey84

Stacey84 Well-Known Member

Welcome Damion... Glad you found us!!!

You can make many friends on here and there is always someone to talk to here.

6. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

hey and welcome.
    find out why the partner took your son...

7. dking

dking New Member

Thanks all. Nice to know somebody is out there.

8. Hey Damion! You can meet me and the others on chat if you ever feel lonely. We're your friends!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.