hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by lonel, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lonel

lonel Account Closed

just saying hi

2. lonel

lonel Account Closed

im new- im severely depressed and have been for a long time and although in the past i have mostly managed to keep my thoughts positive- i am now losing that battle and so im just looking for chat w/ people who can relate to how i feel.

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF - lots of people understand depression here and how it makes you feel so feel free to post and share your experiences with others or reply to others. It is good to be able to talk about your problems and also to have your experiences given credit - hopefully you will find this helpful.

4. lonel

lonel Account Closed

thanks, NYJ - i feel embarrassed and ashamed even though theres probably no need to be, but im paranoid about anonymity, but reading the forum theres seems like some nice people here- so thanks for the welcome.

5. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

welcome :welcome:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi to you hun lots of caring people here to talk to so no need to be afraid ok hugs

7. lonel

lonel Account Closed

many thanks _Aisha_ and total eclipse

8. soulreaper

soulreaper Well-Known Member

hi welcome to sf lonel

9. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hi there, and welcome...glad you found us here. It can be crazy exhausting to battle depression for a long time....I'm sorry you've had to go through that. Hope this site brings you support and comfort.

10. lonel

lonel Account Closed

thanks sr and jsg-
    i appreciate the welcome and kind words- yea i feel exhausted all the time- and most days i dont even get out bed! its kinda funny- being exhausted from doing nothing ( but not really that funny)

11. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiyas and welcome :) xx

12. justsomegirl

I know dude, it's like a vicious cycle...the less you do, the more you stay in bed, the more exhausted you are. For me there is some relief in sleeping too, in that it fills hours and wastes time. I mean, it's less time that I have to be awake thinking about/dealing with things. I finally got myself to get into going for walks everyday; doing a little activity really does help, I think.

13. lonel

lonel Account Closed

yes - i agree - but sometimes for me it backfires and my dreams become very disturbing. I also agree going for walks is brilliant- not only for exercise but also to get outside- so good for you! i enjoy hiking and the weather is improving here so i plan to do some walks someday- on the lighter side i spend so much time in bed ive been thinking about getting involved in competitive sleeping- i should be really good at it ( just kidding, but made me smile when i think about competitive sleeping)

14. lonel

lonel Account Closed

hi music- thanks

15. justsomegirl

haha I wonder, with the people on this site, we could probably have quite the sleeping competition! lol

I have the same problem with the dreams, my doctor finally put me on a medication that (in theory) gives you restful sleep but blocks your memory of dreams. It kind of backfires, though, because sometimes I wake up stressed out and upset and can't remember why! I guess there is no cure-all. Chamomile tea is good tho. :)

16. lonel

lonel Account Closed

glad you liked my joke :)

ive spent many years self medicating w/alcohol and that really helped w/ sleeing ( passing out really ) and bad dreams- but i cant anymore- i had a temp job for a few weeks and even though it was miserable- just going somewhere for 8-9 hours and forcing myself to get up and out in the am really helped. Ive never heard of that kind of med. but i hope it helps- but i like the idea of herbal tea and i really like the idea of going for a walk- i love animals and wish i had a dog - then i would be forced to go out regularly- as well as other benefits. anyways thanks for your replies

17. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi lonel, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear that your are suffering depression. It's a never ending battle but we have to deal with on a day to day basis. Please take care.

18. lonel

lonel Account Closed

thanks incrisis- talking w/people who can relate helps a lot- but i agree its day to day and sometimes moment to moment

19. justsomegirl

My doctors are all over that - making a routine. I even have a little printed "guide to my day" that keeps me on schedule for eating and doing normal stuff.

Can you borrow a dog? I just ask my friends to walk theirs. Or you could go techie and get one of those little robotic ones.

You're welcome for the replies, hope you are feeling good today. :)

20. lonel

lonel Account Closed

a 'guide' sounds good- i need a healthy routine- today i feel like such a loser because theres something i need to do, but im up all night and then exhausted in the am and tell myself i cant do it- then i just hide in bed and sleep and then same thing over and over- pathetic

i used to work with animals and last year volunteered at a local shelter, but havent been there in ages- i like it but sometimes it was really difficult emotionally- i think about going back all the time- but its like a f-ing miracle for me to even get out of bed - let alone outside- pathetic - but at least i have suicidal soul crushing depression going for me, which is nice (haha)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.