Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Blaww999, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blaww999

Blaww999 New Member

My name is Matt.

My life has just gone in the crapper in the last few years. I quit my job a few years ago with the belief that I could just find another one quickly. Less than brilliant. I still haven't found a decent job. My teenage son blames me for the breakup between his mom and me. I'd like to tell him the truth, but since he lives with her 90% of the time, it seems like I should just suck it up.

My 6 year old daughter is wonderful, though. :)

I don't have any friends anymore. I don't have enough money to leave the house and actually do anything. I've gained a bunch of weight. I have to move next month and can't imagine how I'm going to find another place to live or how to afford it. I have a ton of debt. My credit is so bad, I can't even get a checking account.

[Mod Edit-Methods], but then I feel guilty. But at the same time, I feel like I'm causing my kids a lot of pain by my being such a loser.

I dunno.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Matt, welcome to the site. I have edited your post as it contained suicide methods(which are not allowed here, please read the guidelines). I'm truly sorry that you feel you have no way out other than suicide. I hope you can find the right kind of support here to help you through this.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No hun your kids will only suffer a life time of pain if you leave them they love you as you love them Reach out to your community ok see what supports there are out there for housing for helping you get your finances under control as well Hope you continue to talk to us here.
  4. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Hello Matt, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry your going through a hard time. Even though your son is giving you grief at least you have your 6 year old daughter. Your kids are something you should always live for no matter how bad things get because they can be like sunshine to brighten your day. I hope things look up for you soon and hope you can find the support and help you need here. Take care
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

:welcome: to SF Blaww999

6. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Hello Matt,

Welcome to SF.

I am sorry to read about your pain. You should go and reach out to your community, where they help people with their finances and such.

Secondly, you must make yourself strong because of your children. They are everything to you.Trust me, they do love you a lot, including your son. Don't leave or else your kids will only suffer.

Today's job market is not healthy. I feel, that any job that you get you must take it (even if it is not good), earn some money from that job. Then after a few months, if you find that you are beginning to love your job, then stick with it, or else, quit that job (remember that now you have some money with you because you have worked in that company for a few months) and find another one (this time a decent job which you can truly enjoy).

The truth is when you have money, then only you will have friends. (That's how the world works)
    So, when you have enough money, then people will automatically be attracted towards you and thus you will have plenty of friends. (including some true friends)

If you find time, then simply go out for a walk regularly for at least 30 minutes(do it like this: 15 min. in morning and 15 min. at evening, if you can't do 30 min. straight). Trust me, this simple exercise, if done everyday, helps to shed extra weight (because I am doing it like this for the past 2 months).
    Also, eat a balanced diet by eating your favorite fruits and vegetables, reduce having junk food, drink plenty of water.Also sleep soundly just in the night for 7-8 hrs. (If you feel tempted to eat junk food then substitute that craving with anything healthy such as drinking water, eating nuts, or taking a shower, doing exercises, writing on your diary, chatting with someone, and so on)

You are surely not a loser in anyone's book. Life has its ups and downs. Sometimes there will be highly happy/good moments and at other times sad moments. We have to remember this and not give up living.

Take care and do write back...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.