Discussion in 'Welcome' started by itscoldoutthere, Oct 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itscoldoutthere

itscoldoutthere New Member

I don't really know what to say. I'm unhappy. I've been unhappy since I was 13, and I'm 24 now. The only reason I'm still here is because I'm afraid to do something, I'm afraid I'll mess up like I mess up everything and then everyone will know that I'm not okay...everyone will judge me and I'll be even more alone then I've been.

I don't remember a time when I was happy...like actually content with life. I can't afford to get help. I really wish I could because I've just about given up but I can barely afford to buy groceries some weeks. I either am or want to cry all the time. I don't know what to do but I'm afraid.I don't want to live like this
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi itscoldoutthere i am sorry you are so sad. I know it is scary reaching out for help but you can do it. You can talk to a teacher a counselor at your school someone you trust ok
    they will get you support you need. You doctor can help you as well I hope talking here can release some of the sadness you feel and take away some of the loneliness
  3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

Hi Back, Well You don't have to say a lot , right now I want to welcome you to SF, I also want you to know you came to a safe comfortable site. Please don't make any quick decision, don't do anything rash. I am sorry that you have been unhappy all this time. it is really difficult being under that kind of pressure. Take a while to familiarize yourself with the site and try to relax. take you time and get comfortable, someone will get in touch with you here and try and help you if that is what you need and want. This is a good place and someone should be able to help you. I hope that you will stay for help. I am Leigh, I or someone will check back with you. I want you to know no one will Judge you here. Peace.
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

whoa! didn't know depression could go on this long.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. It's ok to cry as test releases the pain and hurt you feel. You MUST NOT ACT ON YOUR FEELINGS AS THAT WILL NOT HELP ANYONE. LIFE IS PRECIOUS. Keep posting your thoughts and you will find great support from site. Do not think you are on your own in suffering but are among people who understand your feelings. Take care.
  6. itscoldoutthere

itscoldoutthere New Member

Thank you guys for even responding. I'm so used to getting brushed aside that I was sure this would just go unheard (or should I say read). I don't really trust many people because of the way I've been treated so I wouldn't know who to go to, but I'll look into counselling at school and try to find time to go to the doctors I guess. And yes, I guess when you keep everything to yourself because you get brushed aside when you try to talk about it, depression can last this long.

But thanks again. I appreciate it :)
  7. nararabbit

nararabbit Active Member

Do you live in the US? I would contact the local food bank and get your hiney over there to get some stuff. There is no shame in it, that's what it's there for!! If there is not one, try contacting local churches or synagogues and let them know you are struggling with food insecurity and do they have any recommendations? Often they can refer you to the correct social service or meet your need themselves.

Poverty definitely aggravates depression. I feel for you and we're here if you need to talk.
  8. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Your welcome, I am glad it has helped you today. Please keep posting and begin to believe and trust. You are among friends here.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sure it can. Depression can last a lifetime if left untreated.

Also welcome to SF, you and I are very close age range, I'm 25, suffering depression since very young too. I hope you find lots of support here :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.