Discussion in 'Welcome' started by brookie, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brookie

brookie Member

Hey, first time posting. Not sure what I feel comfortable saying here yet. I've had a night from hell, lots of drinking and emotions, I think I'll look around the forums for a bit.
  2. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

Hi, nice to meet you. Take your time, you'll find that everyone here's really friendly and ready to listen. No rush :)
  3. brookie

brookie Member

Thank you. Most of this forum is private correct? Non members cant read? There would be consequences if my husband found me here.
  4. Lux

Lux Well-Known Member

The areas that say 'members only' at the home page are the ones that can't be accessed by non members. x
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum!! I hope you find lots of support and encouragement here :)
  6. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

:balloonhearts: welcome

So sorry for the stress you have. I hope you find some solace here.
  7. Mermaid3011

Mermaid3011 Member

Well, I think you need to be a member to post and reply and enter the chat room. Theoretically visitors can read along in the forums, but the chat is definitely only open to members.

I am so sorry you had such an awful night - and being scared that your husband finds out about your pain just makes it tenfold worse. Again... I am really sorry you don't get any support from him. Is he abusive or just doesn't get the concept of mental illness?
  8. brookie

brookie Member

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. My husband does the things he does because he loves me and is looking out for me. He doesn't want me going to talk to a professional. He's a very private person and doesn't want people around here knowing our business.
  9. Mermaid3011

Mermaid3011 Member

Ahhhh yes... sadly that's very common. So you are living in a smaller community where everybody knows everybody?

Have you thought about online therapy? I just found a really good link with online therapists who counsel you via email or chat. Thousands of miles away. Let me go look for that link....
  10. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hey there, and welcome. It's totally cool to lurk until you feel comfortable jumping into all these conversations. Glad you're here, though, and I hope this ends up being a place you feel supported and comforted.
  11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.