Hi...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jabez, Feb 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabez

Jabez Well-Known Member

Hi there. Another newb. Found my way here from a link while researching methods, depressed about everything, can't see any way to keep going, can't find a viable way out. Thought I'd give the peer support chat room thing a try. Exhausted by my failures to answer the "random question" to register. Only took me 10 goes to work out I was joining an online chat forum... Online... Google the answers... Feeling pretty stupid.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi JayBird sorry to hear you are struggling I also have a hard time signing up for other forums as well especially the ones you have to copy letters Hope that you continue to reach out here and in real life as well ok to your doctor or your family You will not feel so alone that way ok hugs

3. Jabez

Jabez Well-Known Member

Thanks, total eclipse☺️
    I am only moderately tech savvy, so I was getting so frustrated trying to work out all those pop culture references!
    I know what you mean about the ones where you copy letters! I usually have to do several of those before I get them right, too!
    I have been really struggling for a long time, and last night was a really bad night, but I got through it alive, and it has been so helpful to be welcomed here! This is a new thing for me to try. A bit scary in some ways, but I kind of like the way it seems that there are so many people who might be able to get where I'm coming from because they are going through similar. My family are fantastic, but they don't really understand and I get tired of burdening them with my depression. And whenever I say anything about suicide it scares them so much I feel so guilty! I think it will be helpful to be able to talk about it here as well as with my therapist - my therapist unfortunately isn't available at 3am, which is when it's usually hardest to keep going!

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

well i am glad you can feel safe to talk here then because like said many of us here understand those thoughts and can support you when you are feeling so low

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.