Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Tables, Feb 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tables

Tables Member

I posted more of an intro in the self sub forum.

I'm ye olde 34. And had problems since high school. Started just banging my head against the wall rather than hang out with people. Escalated from there. Introverted. Unless drunk. Used drugs to escape. Made me worse. Stopped drugs when I hit rock bottom. Now just drink which is bad enough but need it to be FUN me. Balanced it works.

Got a good job now. responsible. manager in fact. been okay for years, never felt the need to post on a forum about "stuff". Never talked about it with anyone.

Now it's becoming a problem again. And I'm not doing it sensibly and I'm doing it seriously. :/

And don't want to go to the docs but considering it because I need something to change.

So some manner of help is required. Even if it;s just anonymous talking.
  2. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Tables, Thank you for your post. It sounds like you've had some rough points in your life but well done on becoming a manager. The people you work with must think highly of you to put you in such a responsible position and I'm sure you do a great job as well. I'm glad you've been ok and if anonymous posting helps, then take comfort in knowing that you will get so much support here. Thank you for sharing your story and take care of yourself, Husky
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I hope you are safe and keep posting as will help you. Take care.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Tables and welcome to the forum.

Well done on quitting the drugs and being a manager now, that's a great achievement. I think you should seek professional help, it's not nearly as bad as you think it will be. I did it and im much better now :) I look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Be safe and take care.
  6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard. Hope you find answers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.