Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Day Dreamer, Mar 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

I came here hoping to find help and maybe make some friends. I'm not very good at this sort of thing, I'm actually quite private and don't even do Facebook and things like that, so this is very hard for me to do.

I'm 37 and divorced. I have suicidal thoughts quite often. I have self esteem and confidence problems. I feel all alone even when I'm with people. I don't feel I can trust anybody. I don't think I have any real friends. I feel uncared for and unloved. I feel worse and worse everyday. I have gone to the doctor for depression but it's been a while. I find it hard to go to the doctor when I'm feeling low and depressed. I guess that's how I found this site.

I do have a 7 yr old dog. She is staring at me now with big sad eyes. My best friend.

2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Welcome Day Dreamer. This is a good place and you'll find a lot of people who understand what you're going through and who want to help. You can be as private or as open as you want and it is okay.

I know what you mean about finding it hard to go to the doctor when you're depressed. Depression hits me this way, as well. I can't even count the number of psychiatrist visits I missed because I was too depressed to make myself leave my apartment and venture out into the world. It did help, though - on those times when I made it, I always felt better for it. Right now I'm getting some in-home therapy which I learned about when I called a hotline. Is something like this available to you? It sounds like you really need to see someone.

Dogs are great aren't they? They are always there for you, no matter what. They sense when we are sad and try to comfort us and they never judge us - they're just full of love I'm glad to read you have one as she is an important support for you. You are never truly alone when you have a dog. Now that I'm in an apartment, I have cats and they are equally wonderful, but different.

Please be gentle with yourself and keep posting.

3. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

Thanks for the kind words. I have been on here the last three days, mostly just reading other peoples posts. It really seems like everyone is here to help. I will definitely keep coming around. I felt a little better yesterday and was able to make a doctor appointment, now I just hope I can make myself go.

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us and I truly hope it helps you as it has helped others. Dealing with isolation is hard but it's about coping one day at a time. You have to be kinder to yourself. I know you are hurting but like I say to others life is important and that's also means YOU.

I'm glad you are seeking advice as it will help you. We are all here for you and please remember that. We care in this community so belief you are no longer alone. Be safe and strong.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello day dreamer and welcome to the forum. I'm willing to be your friend if you want? PM me if you'd like my e-mail. Loneliness is a hell of it's own, glad you got your dog for company :hug:

6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You can message me too if you would like to talk :hug: Sorry you are going through a rough time, but I hope being on this site helps.

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

My dog is my best friend as well. I like your user name.

Welcome aboard and hope you make friends here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.