Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Flor, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flor

Flor New Member

I'm new in the forums and came here because I'm a little worried(probably too worried) about the possibility that I might end my life sooner. I still don't feel very comfortable talking about it in details nor am I sure if I should anyway. I just thought it'd be good to drop by and say "hi". I might end up by not being active on the forums, by the way.

2. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Hi Flor, Welcome to SF and I hope you feel comfortable enough to join in, even if only by reading. Lots of people derive comfort from discovering others face similar problems - at least they don't feel so alone. Better yet of course would be if you'd write and add your viewpoint - you never know when your particular choice of words might touch someone exactly the right way and make a difference.

When, and if, you are ready to talk about what's going on with you, you'll find lots of warm caring people to offer their support. Not everyone gives a lot of details, btw - this is totally up to you.

One more thing: if you are worried that suicidal thoughts are gaining in strength, do call a hotline. If you don't really mesh with the volunteer you get, call back. I've never had a bad experience with a hot line, but I've gotten the rare burned out volunteer - again, just try a different hotline or wait awhile and call back. Odds are you'll get someone else. Most hotline volunteers are compassionate and knowledgeable and might be able to help you more than you might think.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Flor good for you reaching out here i know that took strength to do. I do hope when you are ready you can talk to us more. We do not judge here ok but we care hugs

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi Flor, welcome to SF. If you do decide to use the forums, I hope they will be helpful to you.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Hi. Welcome aboard. Feel free to Surf around. No pressure to participate.

:hug: just letting you know youre not alone.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF Flor.

7. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi Flor, welcome to the site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.