Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by lyn, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyn

lyn New Member

Hey im new joined last night thought id say hi. Im not really good at this stuff, im more of a listener. Im lyn, im 27, been depressed since I was a teenager, I used to self harm, stopped for afew years but have started again and the suicidal thoughts are back. I hate feeling like this, words cant even explain me properly so I just give up. I find it hard to tell people how I feel so they dont understand or I end up pushing them away. My life is nothing and I can see it getting worse, I know it needs to change I hope being on here is the first good step.

2. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Hi lyn. I'm sorry that you are feeling down. Welcome to the forum.

3. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi lyn,

I'm really sorry for what you are going through. I just want you to know that you are not alone. I have struggled to express myself for as long as I can remember. It has taken me a really long time to open up here and explain how I feel. Some days it doesn't work but I am getting better at it each and every day that passes.

Some things you can do if you are finding it difficult to express yourself: write things down in advance, plan in your head what to say, and for this forum you can: make a diary for your thoughts (there is a private section too), observe chat and talk when you feel ready, play games in coffee house as a distraction and if you still feel that its hard to explain what you're going through, you could find some posts that you can relate to and share your thoughts on them.

Anyway, I don't normally write a welcome message this long but I feel like we have been through a lot of the same and I don't want you to feel that way anymore. Welcome to the forum and I hope you get the support you are looking for and make some nice friends along the way :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  4. rachhhhhh98

rachhhhhh98 New Member

Hello Lyn,

I've just currently joined too. I'm a 17 year old girl who lives in the UK. Since I was a child, in particular when I lost my mum at the age of 10, I've been severely depressed. To all my friends and family I seem the most confident out going girl possible, but for me it's a cover up to how I really feel. I've tried to overdose myself on strong painkillers 3 times now since the age of 13, on one occasion having to go to the hospital, I constantly consider committing suicide, likewise to earlier this morning I had a walk to the cliff and dangled my legs over - contemplating how much my life is worth while. Admittedly, I have days where I completely forget all about my sadness, but then I have days where I feel like life isn't worth anything. It's hard feeling so lonesome and feeling like I cannot speak to anyone. I feel like the only way someone will understand is confiding in others who feel the same way.
    I just feel so separate from everyone else, I hate the way I look, despite everyone seeing me as a self confessed makeup and clothes addict. Although, for me, that's the only way I make myself happy by hiding the ugliness and horrible body I have.

You're not alone in this.

5. hide

hide Member

Hi Lynn , I hope you are well , I had depression and suicidal thoughts from 12 years old to 24 years old , today I have 27 , I could move forward , life is hard , I know, but we us people able to move forward , on the one hand I think it neiga nuestramente to move on, that's when your soul is dedicated to advancing , you know? you despejarte more , go for walks , jogging , or cycling , makes you forget about the problems , and feel better about yourself.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome to SF, always around if you want a chat :)

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard .

8. Matteo

Matteo Member

Hi Lyn, welcome. :)

9. Leolsrik

Leolsrik Well-Known Member

One thing to always remember is that you'll always be beautiful to anyone who loves you and ugly to anyone who hates you. And to almost everyone else, it will be irrelevant how you look. So do try to learn how to love your body instead of hiding it. I know it won't be easy at all, but it's a worthy goal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.