Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by solarflare, Oct 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarflare

solarflare Well-Known Member

Hi, new guy from sydney, 40 year old. Too tired with everything and have been thinking about ending it for a bit but over the last few weeks the idea has blossomed into something else, now I'm obsessed. I dont want to die or kill myself but I'm just tired of it all. My wife is pregnant and that is about the only thing that makes me search for another way. But still would be nice to get this idea of it out of my mind. The more I try to ignore it the more it becomes entrenched, like it is meant to be. I dont know what to do. Spoke to lifeline last week and I dont think they were interested, just doing their jobs. Anyway, here I am.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome to forum solarflare i think the best person to talk to would be your doctor he or she would take you seriously and give you treatment plans to help stop the suicidal ideation You wife is pregnant with a child that will need their father so reach out and get help ok

3. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Hey Solarflare, I really like your name. The sun is such an awesome thing. Sounds like suicide has become what some people call an 'automatic thought'. Something happens and it is the first thing that pops into your mind. You know you don't really want to die, but the thought just keeps coming to mind. Total Eclipse is absolutely right. Best source of help would be your doctor. They do have meds to help. Another suggestion would be to do something to take your mind off of it whenever suicide crosses your mind. I know, that is easier said then done. But maybe you could do something to prepare for the baby. Paint the room she/he will sleep in. Pickup some clothes or toys. Help your wife around the house. Anything to distract yourself.

Anyway, welcome to SF and do take care.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi tim and welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you are looking for, you have already been given excellent advice. (hugs)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.