Hi!

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by CDBiggen, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDBiggen

CDBiggen Member

Hi there. I'm new here but I've had my eye on this website a while. I've been wrestling the dark/depressing thoughts in my head for years now but have only recently been overwhelmed by them...
    I hope to get to know new people on here and hopefully help others by sharing my experiences and what's helped me through bad times.

Nice to meet you.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello and welcome to SF. I am glad you found the courage to join as the support you will receive here will be amazing, we also have a chat room. I hope you stay and share your story! Again, welcome. :) (hugs)

2 people like this.
  3. CDBiggen

CDBiggen Member

Thank you very much.

4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Welcome to SF - I hope you find the site helpful and are able to find support and companionship here. :)

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi and welcome to the site :) Nice to meet you too, and hope that you will find friends and a way to alleviate some of the pain you are dealing with.

6. CDBiggen

CDBiggen Member

Thank you very much for the welcome.

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Cooee,, CDBiggen!

Welcome to perhaps the friendliest place on the internet!
    No matter what troubles you are going through, you definitely have come to the right site, where you can let it all out without fear or prejudice or anyone judging you for what you say or feel. Each one of us - from members to the entire staff who run SF (yes, even the Administrators!) have their own problems so know that anything you have to say here will never met with criticism or scorn, because we all understand you on a level that others in the Real World normally would not. So feel free to open up and talk about anything and everything that you feel comfortable with sharing with us all and you will always have people willing to share a sympathetic ear and kind words to you at any time of day or not, so you will never feel alone when you are on SF!

I used to welcome new member to the site with PPG Bubbles emoticons, but they are not working, since the new site formatting, sorry, but on behalf of myself and PPG Bubbles (my avatar), welcome and kick off your shoes and think of this place as a sanctuary from the turmoils of the outside World where you can say and things that always wanted to (in accordance with the site rules, of course!) but without any pressure or anxiety that you would otherwise feel in your own personal life off-line.

:)

8. CDBiggen

CDBiggen Member

Thank you very much for the welcome, it's great to meet you
    I was feeling really upset today until I saw your message. So it really means a lot, thank you.

9. Moat

Moat Banned Member

That is what we are here for. :)
    On SF, you might log on feeling upset or suicidal or suffering anxiety or any other numerous things, but you can rest assured that by the end of the day, you will log off feeling that much happier. Each of us, from the staff to the members helps each other and at the end of the day, if we can help someone out with a crisis they are going through to smile and brighten their day, then we are more than happy to help. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.