Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Amber16, Mar 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amber16

Amber16 New Member

Hi I am new here. I'm 31 years old and from the uk.

My boyfriend and I have had the worse bank holiday Monday ever. We planned to go to a leisure park for the day and we found that we had to take 2 buses to get there. So we got the first one with no problems but our 2nd one was late arriving and there were no buses with our number coming up on the updated computerised board.

We knew we could get this bus further down the road so we started to make our way down and the bus we were trying to get sped right past the stop we were at previously! It meant us having to wait another hour for the next one (they only run every hour during public holidays)

So we hopped on the one that came an hour later and we got to the leisure park and really enjoyed ourselves. We went to get our bus back but we missed the last one by 10 minutes or so. We walked to a bus stop 20 minutes down the road and we managed to get a bus going the opposite way to where we wanted to go at half past 7 this evening.

We got to the bus station at just gone 8 and we asked the bus driver if any more buses were going to our home town, she said no. So we walked to the train station and managed to get on the train about 20 minutes after we got there.

When we got home I realised I didn't have my house key on me. Neither did my boyfriend. So we went to a nearby restaurant and asked to use a phone to call my stepdad who was staying 10-12 miles away. He said he would drive up to the house and let us in with his key but he said he'd been drinking. I did offer to take the train to where he was and pick up the key and come back.

He got very angry with me and didn't want to talk to me directly and now I feel absolutely awful. I feel like I just want to disappear and I am not sure if I want to run away and not come back or go away somewhere, {mod edit- methods}hurt myself and let that be the end of it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2016
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

Welcome @Amber16 to the forum. I'm sorry that you had such an awful day. Feel free to keep posting/ranting. *hugs*
  3. silent_chaos

silent_chaos Well-Known Member

Welcome amber16 this is a great place to talk, so many people care here. Don't be afraid of to reach out.
  4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Ok, you had a bad day with everything going wrong. Bad days happen but we learn from the bad days and strive to have a better day.

Ok your boyfriend and father are not happy, but don't let bring you down. It's apart of human life, we get knock backs but you have to remain strong. Please from the bottom of my heart do not consider anything.

Learn from the day, such as learn to drive a car so you don't rely on public transport. Attach your house key to a chain or put it in a necklace so you cannot lose it. There are solutions to the bad day. So, please reconsider any plans you thinking about.

The people who understand your feelings are the ones who suffer everyday like you. Please let's help you move forward as life is important and that also means YOU.
  5. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi hun, and welcome to SF.

I am sorry you had such an awful day; and I'm sorry about your dad. That can't be easy!

It's okay to have bad days, and honestly I don't think your father getting angry was directly directed to you... I know it hurts, but take that into consideration.
    Don't give up hun. Please keep talking to us here. And if you want my inbox is always open!

Be kind to yourself!
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. I'm really sorry you had a bad day, and I hope today is better for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.