Hi..

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. i found this website, and its really cool, trying to get help from strangers on the internet is much easier than trying to get it from ppl irl. I also appreciate the ppl who try to help others on this forum.
If you wanna know how i found this website, well.. i was searching for some painless ways to commit suicide, and i entered this article: 'Painless suicide methods-Pain free death' that was posted on this website back in 2016 but its not really what it sounds like, i was like 'I've read this a while ago..' but this time i looked into the website and found this forum.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I don't want to say all, but that's how most of us ended up here, me too. Yes, it can be easier talking about problems when there isn't a person sitting in front of you and looking at you. Social anxiety plays a big part in what many people are going through. One of the first great things I discovered about this place was that by seeking help for myself by talking about my problems, I could actually help other people with theirs. Many are having similar experiences but not everyone is ready to open up and talk, and some might want to but the feelings are so powerful it's hard for them to put them into words. Another good thing about participating here that I discovered right away is that the process of trying to put your deepest thoughts and feelings into writing is a powerful form of self-analysis. Instead of just experiencing the feeling, the act of writing about it forces you to really look at it and think about it and gives you a rational perspective on what might be an irrational emotion. I hope you see these benefits too.

Last edited by a moderator:

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Hi @Jaddeeh and welcome to SF

I ended up here while on a mission to find a new mental health forum last year. I’d been on one for people with anxiety disorders for a few years but it was dying after the admin abandoned it. I joined quite a few and ended up liking this one the most. So I wasn’t suicidal but I have been and I know what it’s like to be overwhelmed by psychological pain.

Interesting point there, @HumanExMachina.. I’ve never thought about it like that.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi there & welcome. So you arrived here the same way so so so many others have & honestly a great many of those people are still here today - now doling out advice to you right now so that can only be a good sign right? There's a lot of good to be found here so stick around & keep posting. We're all here for you.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there, welcome to SF. Glad you found us and joined, feel free to share your story when you are ready to. There's some amazing folks here who would do anything to help yes, even a stranger and I agree its so much easier to get help online rather than irl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00