Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom took off on my dad yesterday. She threw all her stuff in her car and literally drove away. My dad and sister are still in shock, so am I. We knew things between them weren't good but we never expected her to take such a sudden turn lake she had last night. My eyes are red and sore from all the crying and my sister looks the same shook up. I'm so worried about my dad. A lot of the suicidal feelings I had back in high school are rushing back to me. I'm glad a found this place, it seems you guys understand this horrible feeling.

Were all together

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome, I'm sorry about what happened. No one really knows what goes on in another person's mind. When we think, we have it all figured out, it's wrong. The main thing is not to wonder what if, a thousand times in your mind. Her actions were hers alone. Yes, things could have been handled differently. But, in her mind running away was the best choice of action for her. The main thing is to be there for each other, right now. Things may change in a few days. She may return. So, everything is gonna be a ball of confusion for a few days. Don't blame yourselfs. Just be there for your father and sister. We're here to support you every step of the way.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Welcome to SF. I am sorry to hear of what has happened but please talk to us further to avoid doing anything drastic. Your sister and father need you to be there for them, like they are for you. Do you mind me asking how old your sister is?

Comfort each other and be there to support one another, be as strong as you can be, a warm welcome. *grouphug2

Welcome to SF. I am sorry to hear of what has happened but please talk to us further to avoid doing anything drastic. Your sister and father need you to be there for them, like they are for you. Do you mind me asking how old your sister is?

Comfort each other and be there to support one another, be as strong as you can be, a warm welcome. *grouphug2
Thank you so much guys, these responses make me feel like a heavy weight has finally been lifted off me. Omg, I still have a hard time having my mom's abandonment really sink in, it'll probably keep seeming surreal at first.

Petal, my sister is 18 years old. I think that's probably the reason my mom waited as long as she did before leaving. I think she didn't want anyone to hold her abandoning non-adult aged children over her head. Still, she still hurt us big time by doing this the way she had. Even if she comes around, we'll probably have a bit of an abandonment issue surrounding her for now on. My dad is distraught too, it's just so much.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Awh, only 18, that makes it sadder :( We are here for you and please stay safe because your little sister needs you in her life pointing her in the right direction and we are here for you 24/7.

I am happy to hear that you got some relief from posting here, talking it out can really help and change how you feel.

Are you safe today? I'm sorry this happened, lean on your dad and sister for support and comfort. She needs you. He needs you and we want you to be safe and as less stressed as possible. *grouphug2

BlueGreen

I'm so sorry @ironsteeltitaniumgirl, it must be a terrible shock. You, your sister and your dad need each other more than ever now. Who knows, maybe your mum just needs to calm down and she'll come back but you three have each other and we're always here when you need to talk.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
That is pretty crap, isn't it? Sorry to hear that happened with all you guys. That would be quite a shock to just have her pack up and drive away. Have you spoken to her since this happened? (It's been a few days now I see) I hope you all stick tightly together and try to help each other through this difficult time.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I remember the day my father left us. I was 9 years old. He needed to do that, I understand now, he's just another human being, just like me. His departure from my life was the biggest one, even now, I feel it's effects. But he was just an asshole like me, and I understand. Now

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hey
I'm sure you're still reeling from all of this and it is bound to bring up so many feelings and questions. Sometimes it's hard to know what is going on with those we love even if we're living in the same house. I understand how protective you must be feeling towards your father, it's just horrible to see someone we love in pain.
But there are ALWAYS two sides to every story so I'd encourage you to speak to your mother if you can. Try to talk calmly and to find out why she felt she had to do what she did.

My father did something similar when I was 14. I went to school one day as normal and by time I got him, he had emptied the house of all his belongings and gone. We didn't know where he was for a few weeks but then he phoned. It turns out he had been having an affair for two years and had moved in with her. My mother was devastated, my brother and I were angry and hurt. At first I wanted nothing to do with him. But now I know that if their marriage had been a happy one, he wouldn't have gone. And everyone deserves happiness. Yeah sure, he went about it in a pretty dumb way but sometimes it seems to people it's the only way. Breakups are never easy, no matter how old and supposedly sensible we're supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00