Discussion in 'Welcome' started by syntaxerror, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

new here -female -32- going through a divorce after a very bad marriage (domestic violence situation), having a very hard time coping but trying to hang in there for my kids, but dealing with depression, ptsd and really have a hard time a night, being alone and with everything. (I have young children and given the circumstances - sole custody, no overnights or real break from kids unless I"m at work, which isn't really a break).

- just looking for somewhere supportive/safe if I'm not doing well. Part of the whole therapy "if you have suicidal thoughts - then what are you going to do/who could you call type thing" I don't have people I can call in the middle of the night. his family is local not mine, friends were his friends first etc, not much of an IRL support system right now. so anyway - not sure what's expected for an intro.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  2. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Hey and welcome to SF. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. I guess its even worse that you are unable to get much support. I hope you are able to get some help from members in SF. Feel free to talk about how you feel and I hope this will be of some help to you. :hug:
  3. Carfax

Carfax Member

Good day, Syntax. 29 - male here myself, just joined the board. I'm looking around at the moment, saw your thread and decided to say hello. You know, sometimes I have trouble sleeping, so I use a big box fan to soothe me. Maybe it won't work for you, but you wouldn't believe how many people have said "Hey, me too!" when I told them.

Nothing's worse for getting to sleep than it being "too" quiet. I hope you pull through all your troubles and stand tall again one day soon. One thing I know about people is that they underestimate themselves more than anyone else. Hope you find what you're looking for here.
  4. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF,
    It's great to have you here.
    Hope to get to know you soon :)
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Thanks for telling us that :)
    We're here to help :hug:
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. I can totally relate to your situation as I have been through that too. This is a great place to come for the type of support you are seeking. Many of us have sleepless nights and find ourselves seeking friendship among the members of SF. We would be glad to have you join us. Come into chat and make yourself at home. I am looking forward to meeting you. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me. I will get back with you as soon as I can. Take care. :hug:
  7. cutsbothways

cutsbothways New Member

8. liveinhope

liveinhope Well-Known Member

:welcome: hello and welcome to SF i to can relate to your experiences please feel free to pom any time look forward to seeing you around the forum TC:smile:
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.