Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by chewie93, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewie93

chewie93 Member

Hi everyone. I'm brand new--only been lurking for like a day. I'm 33 and I've suffered from dysthymia/chronic depression for two-thirds of my life. I've only sought treatment for the last seven years or so, intensive treatment (more than 50mg of Zoloft a day) for the last year.

Anyway, I've had more than my share of suicidal thoughts and urges over the years, so I can relate to each and every one of you. I'm going through an especially rough patch right now--I don't think I've ever gone through this extensive of a period where I've wanted to kill myself. I have a few people to lean on, but no one I'm close with has ever really understood what I'm going through, and my therapist isn't available 24/7. I'm so glad that I found SF and could read posts from people saying EXACTLY the same thing that I've written to myself over the years.

Thanks for reading. I'm excited to get to know some of you better and learn from your experiences. I hope I'll be able to support you too.

2. Cerberus

Cerberus Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum

3. xashleyTX

xashleyTX Guest

Welcome.

4. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

:welcome:

5. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. I'm glad you found SF, i'm sure you'll find some support as you need and deserve it. I'm looking forward to seeing you around. If you ever need to talk feel free to message me anytime. Take care and stay safe. :hug:

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. i am glad you found something you can relate to here with us. I am looking forward to seeing you around the forum and maybe having a chance to chat with you. Take care. :hug:

7. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

warmest :welcome: to the forum. i think you'll find this to be a very supportive place to be. so please feel free to share as your ready and such. if you ever need anything feel free to pm and please take care. :smile:

8. chewie93

chewie93 Member

Thank you so much. Everyone. I want to give you all a huge hug.

Things were going bad enough that I scheduled an emergency session with my therapist. It was the most intense session I've ever had, and for the first time she wants to see me twice this week. What it is is that I've been forced to end my relationship with my best friend--she was my confidante and my emotional support. Needless to say, I haven't reacted well, and my therapist is concerned about what I'll do in the coming days without that support. Hence my intense gratitude that I found SF.

I'm definitely scared by the intensity of my feelings right now. But it means the world to know that others are there who understand.

9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:welcome:

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

welcome to SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.