Discussion in 'Welcome' started by joojoo, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joojoo

joojoo New Member

my first time ever posting in a forum. i apologize if i'm doing something wrong.
    how do i introduce myself?

i am 19 years old. its been almost a year since my last suicide attempt. and i still dont know if i want to live. if i live, am i living for myself or for others? is living for others...could that be called a life at all? i still want to die. that feeling has not disappeared. and talking to friends has become pointless. i only feel more lost, judged, and misunderstood afterward. so...i guess thats why i finally searched for this forum.

after my suicide attempt, my friends, the ones that called 911, the ones that know about it. they dont really mention it. i think having my friends gloss over it makes me even more ashamed and embarrassed for living through it. i have friends but no one to talk to. i dont want to bother their lives with my mental and emotional burdens, b/c what will they achieve? in the end, they will go on with their lives and i will feel emptier.

i know its a selfish request, but is there a place where i can just post my story? not a suicide letter, just my story. i know that people have certainly worse experiences than me, by 1000 fold. but maybe someone can take some meaning from mine.
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :)

I am sorry that you have been feeling so bad but I am glad that you have found SF :hug:

Why not post your story in either the "After Effects" forum (for people who have survived a suicide attempt) or maybe in "Let It All Out"

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF joojoo. I am glad you found us. Feel free to post about your life. We have the after effects forum, short stories forum, let it all our and uncertainties. Depending on what you feel like saying, the story could go where you choose. If we find it to be in the wrong place, we can move it for you. I hope you are able to put your thoughts into words. It can help a bunch for some people. :hug:
  4. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF. :hug:
  5. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

6. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.