Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Michle315, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michle315

Michle315 New Member

I found this group today after thinking I was alone in this world and the only one who thought harming themselves was normal. Its really normal to me, I do it everyday.

I have been harming myself since I was 15 usually then it was because of school, fights with parents or being stressed. Never actually cutting, just hitting and pulling hair. I had been really good only did it once or twice a month for so long.

Then graduation came and it got worse, I moved away from home and was working full time. During the time of my life were I was supposed to be happy and excited I was nervous and scared. It got worse and the actual cutting started. It seemed to help so much, all that bottled up emotions was seeping out and I felt so much better. Then again things got better and I went months without even thinking of hurting myself. I had kids, and meet a wonderful man (who has no clue I do this.) Things were looking better, then the stress started from working and trying to keep my kids happy and the home clean. I started again but only a few times a week, so it still wasnt as bad as before.

Now its the worse I have ever seen it, my brother committed suicide in April and I am beyond myself. I am so angry and sad and so many other emotions that I dont even know there are. I started to hurt myself again, I mean like 2/3 times a day. I tell myself that I will only do it once and then it turns into 4/5 times on my arm. I think it will make me happy and I wont be in pain again, but I know it will only last awhile.

So thats me in a nutshell.
  2. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Consider sharing your history with your husband, I am sure he will be supportive

Welcome to the forum
  3. carol2237

carol2237 Guest

Welcome to SF hunny. I hope you find the help and support you are looking for here. Feel free to PM me if you ever need to chat. *huggles* Take care,

4. Gunner12

Gunner12 Well-Known Member

Try letting those feelings out. Try, it will help.
  5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF, hope you find what you're looking for here. :smile:
  6. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF, hun. :hug: :smile:
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Do you think your husband would be supportive of you? You need to be able to share with someone or things will deteriorate. We will offer what support we can here through the forum. I hope you can find someone close to home as well. please take care and stay safe. :hug:
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:
  9. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

welcome to the forum hun,
    i really hope you find what you need here, and if there is anything i can do to help you in your journey then please PM me
  10. Corieh Infected

Corieh Infected Well-Known Member

Welcome. <3
  11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.