hi ...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Freemind, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freemind

Freemind Member

hi to all of you
    i am 16 also in high school
    (sorry but it is long)
    i have been diagnosed with depresssion (1 major 1 minor ) , obsession and i dont know the medical word for it but isolation from feelings and planning three steps ahead by 5 diffrent therapists in two years but this is probably beacuse i didn't make the third meeting.i think i have been prescribed 4 diffrent anti depresants i stick with them for a month or two but none of them worked.
    now i am here because well one of the classmates told me (seriously not joking ) that i should kill myself i have only two friends who doesnt even know me i had three girlfriends and all of them ended the worst way possible i have act like im happy because my mother is a therapist and the last thing i want to do is alter my reletionship with my parents . i keep that act in school because off chance that i might make one friend.i have been hurting myself since i am 14 this year i go pro with this thought and started playing rugby (its not the game its how i play it i play like i am wearing padding like in football) i tried to off myself 5 times and still thinking about it . i found out how much i help other people on their problems i become happy and feel useful and convincing myself why anyone shouldnt kill himself. so hi again :unsure:
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Hi :)
    :welcome: to the forum
  3. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. You need to give the meds longer to work than a month. Some of them can take up to 6 weeks before you notice anything. I thi k you should let your mom know how you feel. She should be able to help in some way. There must be some awareness there if you have already been diagnosed so it won't come as a big shock to her.
  5. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I think, you and I have a lot of things in common... =)

Welcome welcome to the forum! ^.^
  6. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

hi, welcome to the forum :)
  7. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Give the Meds a little longer to work... Also thouse class mates do not know what they are talking about and you need to be able to try not believe or listen to them. I hope we can help you.

Welcome to the forum.

Am here of you want to talk more. Feel free to PM me if you want to.

p.s. you sound like me when you say about helping others makes you happy. Do not worry about your mums proffession please do not let that stop you from getting the help you need. Believe it or not you have a future to live for.
    Take Care
  8. Freemind

Freemind Member

she doesnt know about any therapy or and medication i take (i have a knack on acting and lying when i need) . but she might thinks that i feel depressed from time to time but there is just no way she knows my attempts or even i feel sucidal .
  9. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

10. butterflies32

Maybe you should let her know. Lying only puts more pressure on your self and makes it all that much harder to cope.

11. Freemind

Freemind Member

you might be right but if i tell her and see any pity in her eyes then i dont know how much i can hold on because my home is my last fortress last place to feel peaceful .
  12. butterflies32

Tel her through a note. Say that you do not want to hurt her but that you feel like you should tell her before she hears it from anyone else. Say you do not want to see the pity but you want support. I am sure that she will help you through this and get you through that class in another way.

13. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :welcome:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.