Discussion in 'Welcome' started by morbid4ever, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morbid4ever

morbid4ever Member

Hello I'm new here.
    Im 21 year old male, my lifes been crap ever since the age of about 13 - I feel as though I never really fit in anywhere. I have different views on things than other people and my mind is always off in another world.
    Im not suicidal but I do have a lot of anguish inside me. I do try to stay active and not sit around feeling sorry for myself too much.
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I look forward to seeing you around. :hug:
  3. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

welcome to SF. hope you find some friends here who can empathise with what you are going through.

take care
  4. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

:welcome: to the forum. we're glad to have you here. please feel free to share as you need to we'll listen. please take care
  5. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

Why does having different view ought to make you feel like a misfit?

What other world does you mind drift to??? Are you thinking about what could happen or what things you want to have happen?
  6. morbid4ever

morbid4ever Member

Thx for the welcome everyone. I look forward to reading stuff in the forum and contributing too.

Well I suppose its because people become friends when they can relate to each other through shared views. I dont feel as though I can develop strong connections with people. I used to try and fit in but now I've just accepted that Im never going to have close friends. I always stay open minded and try to understand things from different peoples angles - but I often dont get shown the same respect in return.

When I fantasize about stuff I'm usually thinking about things that I want to happen. My other world seems so much better than this world.
  7. pinkpetals33

Developing relationships is more than just views on topics. We can agree to disagree mutually on a variety of topics and still be friends.

Developing friendships, you're right, is developed thru commonalities but also interaction.

Have you tried to focus on what you DO have in common with people rather than the DON'T HAVE b/c as human beings, we truly all have the same desires: love,good health,stability etc. We may all go about it differently but the underlying goal(s) are the same....

Developing your own personality and what interests you on larger scale, invites a world of people. There are way too many people in this world to not have good friends......typically it's other reasons why we don't have any.

What are your interests?

So give us a run down of an example what happens to you in a social situation.

Ever read the book "7 habits of highly effective people" I think you would find it practical and encouraging.....
  8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf.

9. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

'ey there, Welcome welcome to the forum! =D
  10. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find what you need here.
  11. morbid4ever

morbid4ever Member

-Well yeah I do have general interests that a lot of other people have like sport, music, films etc ... I do talk to people when Im at school/uni and work, but I dont have a social life outside of that - I dont seem to become close enough with anyone.
    -I'm quite a nervous person so there tends to be lots of awkward silences when interacting with new people, so yeah I guess that's probably more of the reason why I dont have any good friends. In a social situation I usually am on the outside of groups as I dont feel that I have a lot to contribute to the conversation.

-I've never read that book, but I've read stuff like that before. Perhaps I'll have a read of it one day
  12. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

'Ello there.

Welcome to SF.

Feel free to PM me anytime you wanna talk.

TC. :hug:
  13. butterflies32

butterflies32 Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF

14. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:
  15. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.
  16. pinkpetals33

Have you always been nervous in social situations? What goes thru your mind ?

Well you have quite a LIFE consisting of interests like sports,collegiate studies,film, music etc etc---ya know? So many topics yet you say you have nothing contribute.....

Do you think that maybe it's NOT so much that you DON'T have anything to contribute BUT it's more of the fact of FEAR that what you say may be rejected or sound "silly?"
  17. morbid4ever

morbid4ever Member

Lots of random things go through my mind, spirals of confusion. Then afterwards I think of something and think to myself "oh damn i should of said that". Fear of saying something silly does play a part but its probably more the fact that Im not a good at thinking on the spot, I need to think things through to get them clear in my head.
  18. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.