Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Dzinger18, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dzinger18

Dzinger18 Member

Hello to all,

My name is Darryl, I'm 19, currently living in Ontario Canada. I've felt depressed for just over 2 years, and recently began suffering from suicidal thoughts. They began when my father started drinking heavily and got violent, starting many fights within my family. 2 years went by, all throughout I had attempted to tell my mom how I had felt, and she simply said "its not our fault, your just making it up for attention and so you can be lazy and coast through life." They never understood, so this past new years eve they threatened to kick me out for the last time, because this time I actually left.

I've been living in my own apartment since April. I've lost touch with friends, I hardly speak to my family, and on top of that I'm stuck with no post-secondary education, and I'm caught in a dead-end steady night shift janitor job, 11pm-7am monday to friday. Talk about solitude. At first, solitude was ok, as it gave be time to think...but now I find every night more unusual for myself, as I have become so alone I often talk aloud to myself, or in the mirror.

Thank you all very much for your welcome here. :smile:
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. Reconnect with friends. Just because you have a night job doesn't mean everything has to change. My son worked nights and attended colege during the day. He would go home after class and sleep and get up and go to work. Depression can rob you of so many things. Do your best to fight it. Seek out help and support. Don't isolate yourself. :hug:
  3. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

hey hun
    welcome to sf
    its a pleasure to have you here
    im izzie
    if you need anything feel free to pm me

luv izzie
  4. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

Feel free to PM anytime if you need to talk
  5. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

Welcome to the forum, Darryl. :smile:
  6. Victori@

Victori@ Well-Known Member

Welcome!!! Im also from Ontario!!! if you ever wanna chat!! Im here!!

Big Huggggs!!!

7. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

heya Daryll x
    Welcome to SF :D
    Is it possible to meet some freinds inbetween your busy life? Also have you spoken to anyone in reality bout spekaing into the mirror or anything?

Im Sky and you can PM me anytime x

once again WELCOME! :D:D:D:D:D:D
  8. ecorg911

ecorg911 Active Member

hey =)

I hear you call hun, you will find plenty of support and love from members here =)

9. Dzinger18

Dzinger18 Member

I'm extremely glad to hear of all of these responses, and the support is truly...astounding. Thank you all very much.

I have in fact just got in touch with an old friend, however most of my other friends have moved away, and have moved on to different stages in life. I'm remaining positive, knowing that through meeting one person its possible to meet many, many others.
  10. sakuragirl

sakuragirl Well-Known Member

HI and welcome
  11. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum :hug:
  13. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF