Hi...

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Tess_Doerner, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tess_Doerner

Tess_Doerner Active Member

Um... Call me Annie. That isn't my name, but... That's what I feel comfortable giving right now.

I'm fifteen years old. My father is a Senator.

I was raped. But... I'm experiencing PTSD, and I hardly remember anything. I haven't told my parents, and I don't want to, nor do I want to Report.

Because of what happened, I've started experiencing major insomnia, and I get triggered very often. My parents can see that something is wrong, and I've attempted to go into therapy. My best friend was also raped, and I've told my parents that I want to go into therapy for that reason.

But they absolutely refuse to admit that I have a problem!

I have a phobia of blood, and medical procedures involving needles. I can't cut myself. But, very often I get the feeling that I should, and the want to. I draw on myself in pen, where I would like to cut. I did that at one point, and my arm was literally covered in pen.

My mother didn't notice for three days the first time. My father never did.

I don't know what to do. I want to see someone, but I don't know how my parents will react if they know I want to hurt myself.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Annie and welcome...it is more important that you get the care you need than worrying about your parents...they are adults and they can take care of themselves! Being raped is a devastating situation which leaves the victim with so many horrific emotions (I know this first hand as I am a survivor of CSA), requiring professional intervention...please talk to ppl here to see if you can create a way to tell your parents...also PM me if I can help...big hugs, J

3. Tess_Doerner

Tess_Doerner Active Member

Thank you. I just don't want to stress my father out even more, with everything he's going through. Plus, he's used to having evidence for everything, and when I can't even tell him /when/ it happened, he won't believe me.

I've already posted on several help forums, and people haven't believed me. I'm afraid that's going to happen in the real world.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Annie, welcome to the forum!

I agree with Sadeyes, you have to get the help for yourself, maybe one day you will build up the courage to be able to tell them the terrible ordeal you have been through but until then please look after yourself.Also in rape cases it's possible to make a statement anytime. 10-20 years down the line you may feel different about it and want justice.
    I have also been raped so I can relate to you, if you need to talk feel free to send me a private message.

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you feel better soon :arms:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.