Discussion in 'Welcome' started by onyxangel, Nov 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onyxangel

onyxangel Active Member

Hey everyone I hope i did this right. i am sort of new to forums. Just wanted to see if this could help me out any. So here is my story. I am 22 years oldI have been dealing with depression for about 8 years now. mostly started when my uncle passed away from aids. i was there in the hospital room when they pulled him off life support, he had been partying with some friends and was doing some kind of drugs ended up having a seizure and broke his jaw, got infected and died from that. that was in june or july 01 then in may of 02 my best friend killed himself. i was still not over the passing of my uncle. then Everything was ok for a while. I have been living Right out side of new orleans for the last 3 years. since katrina hit down there. and with this recent hurricane season i had to evacuate I am now living with my boyfriend at my fathers house in a small town in tn. being the small town it is, there is no job openings at least none that i can do myself. i have bi lat carple tunnel not fun at all. and i have been falling back into a deep state of depression, and thoughts of suicide and cutting are slowly coming back. I am seeking profession help, at least i realize that i need it. thats my story. I can be a very out going very happy person at times. but as of late....none of that
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Onyxangel. :smile:

Welcome to the forum! You have been through a lot very stressful and sad situations. I'm sure that you will meet people here who can relate to the feelings that you're dealing with now. Hope to see you round about!
  3. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Hi and welcome to SF. I can relate to some of your story but be certain that many others will relate as well and offer comfort and help. Meet us
    in chat sometimes.

Glad you made it here
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :welcome:
  5. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I think that realizing you have a problem is the first step towards recovery so well done for seeking help. I've had a great deal of help and support from people here and I hope you find the same. It's good to chat with people who can relate to the issues you have and who aren't judgemental in any way. Best of luck.:smile:
  6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.
  7. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :D
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. You have come to the right place to gain support for your issues. I am glad you are here. :hug:
  9. Earn

Earn Well-Known Member

welcome to SF. i hope you can find the support here.Pm if you need to talk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.