Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by JayLee, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayLee

JayLee Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm honestly not sure where this one should go, so feel free to move it..

I'm having some issues with my family. I guess I'll start right off with the big one.. My mom has cancer, it's terminal. Then my dad, whom I've lived with for the past 8 years, has a new girlfriend, since my parents have been divorced for a long time now.

I'm in college, so I'm only home every few months, but coming home is always an emotional roller coaster.... anyone that can relate/help?
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Sorry to hear about your mom Jay.I don't know what type of cancer your mom has been diagnosed with, but my grandmother lived 7 years with her terminal cancer. Whatever the time she has, I hope she does not have to suffer much with the disease or its treatment.

Your dad having a girlfriend can really throw things out of whack for you. Especially since you are not around it on a daily basis. Do your best to get to know this woman and get along with her. You never know where you might find a support system.

As for home not feeling like home anymore, I think we all go through that. Maybe it is so that we can eventually move out on our own and begin a life away from our parents. If home stayed the same we would never want to leave it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.