HI

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by frog, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frog

frog Member

I found this site a few weeks ago and haven't introduced myself. I found myself looking for an end to everything in March last year while in the depths of severe depression. When the depression lifted it was only replaced by panic disorder which has now progressed to include agoraphobia. My life is so utterly restricted it is hard to continue. I am stuck in a cycle of anxiety, panic, depression - each symptom increasing the other two!

I have planned my exit twice but the opportunity hasn't arisen. I want to leave but guilt keeps me hanging on. I want to be selfish and put my needs before everyone elses for once - its me who's suffering this shitty life and I'm only continuing so I don't destroy the lives of those who love me! How can I make them understand my need to get out? Is it possible to convince those who love you to let you go?

I don't deserve their concern - I'm bringing everyone else down with me and that's not what I want. I want to be gone and for them to continue without concern or pain at what I have put them through.

Nic

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
  2. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Frog. Hope it helps. Best wishes.

3. Anju

Anju Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, hope you can find the help you need :hug: my grandmother has suffered agoraphobia for about 30 years now and I suffer from anxiety and depression so I have an understanding of sorts as to how awful that can be on you. I'm glad you're reaching out for help here rather than ending it, I hope you can find reason to keep going :)

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf!!

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Hi and :welcome: to the forum. I am glad to meet you. :shake:

6. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.