Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Buggsy2008, Jan 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

...erm, i'm not quite sure what to say here. I've never really been good at talking.. that's part of the problem I think. Ok here goes....

I'm a 20 year old girl, still living at home (for now, big part of problem). I've self harmed since I was about 13/14 and when my mother found out she laughed in my face and said I was attention seeking... so as you may have guessed i have no support there. I've had the self harming under control for a while now, have only 'relapsed' once or twice. . . recently I find myself getting close to that again and it scares me. I don't like the person I became when I got like that.

I have attempted suicide twice, when i was 15 and 16. When I was 17 I almost attempted it again but was 'stopped' by a very well timed phone call from a friend. Since all the bad thoughts and feelings have been building up I have been having more and more suicidal thoughts. Let me just say that I DON'T want to die... but I can't see a way of living like this anymore.

So yeah, that's me. There's a whole lot more to my story but I think that's enough for an introduction. Gives you an idea of why i'm here in the first place.
  2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Hi, you sound a lot like me. Welcome to the forum. :hug:
  3. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

Aw. That sounds harsh. Welcome and be sure to reach out before you try something. We're here for you.
  4. Buggsy2008

Thanks for the welcomes. . . i'm not so good at reaching out to people, I find it hard. But I will try. :smile:
  5. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf Buggsy :welcome:

I hope you find the support you need to carry on here :)

Lea :hug:
  6. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. i am glad you reached out to us, sweetie. i have two daughters, (teen and a pre-teen) and i can't imagine laughing and saying they were 'attention-seeking' if they had a problem! poor you.

it is so positive that you are trying not to harm yourself, and that you reached out to s.f. there are a lot of caring people here, and we all understand how it feels to not know HOW to keep living in our situations.

i care what happens to you. . keep in touch here. :hug:
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hiya, Buggsy! Welcome to SF!

I'm sure that as you meet more people and make friends here, you will start to open up a little more. I hope that you find the support you are seeking here!

8. Buggsy2008

Thanks, i hope i do too.

Im also quite a good listener so if anyone wants to talk feel free to add me to msn x
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to SF sweetie :arms:
  10. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum Buggsy. :hug:
  12. Buggsy2008

13. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi Buggsy,

Welcome to SF honey. I know it's hard to reach out but you have made your 1st post & that's often the hardest & most daunting.

Here if you need to talk. :hug:

Take care, Claire xx
  14. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

sorry its a bit belated... but welcome x
  15. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to sf :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.