Discussion in 'Welcome' started by mandarine, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandarine

mandarine Active Member

Hi. I'm not too good on introductions.
    you can call me mandarine (i like that fruit). I'm 20 years old and i've been suffering from depression since I was 12. I think that compared to then i've gotten better. I tried my first suicide attempt at that age and ever since i've been trying to figure out my depression(Dysthymia) and what things makes me feel better.

I'm the reason why i'm studying to become a clinical psychologist. I might even go for the full 12 years and become a psychiatrist, but college is really hard. At first I wanted to be a vet, but i'm happy with what i've chosen.

So please take of care me. By that I mean if you see me post a suicide plan, any reply, even just a smilie, will help me a lot. I hope my time here will help me in some way:smile:.
  2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x

i hope you find the support that you need here.. we're a caring friendly bunch here so please dont be scared to post :hug:
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums.. I think you should think about helping others here also.. You will find it to be good therapy.. I was very reclusive when I joined and didn't talk much but found a new voice here and that I really like trying to help others if I can.. Take Care!!!
  4. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
  5. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Hi Mandarine, welcome to SF! :)
    Everyone is very friendly here, so I'm sure you'll find the support you need.
    It may be hard studying, but it's a good goal to work towards, and will be worth it in the end.
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Hi and welcome. Oooh, I like that fruit too!! :)
  7. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Mandarine.

:hug: Claire xx
  8. mandarine

mandarine Active Member

lol. Thank you everyone! :biggrin:
  9. Welcome to the forum! :heart:
    I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Everyone here is so nice. :]
    This site provides me with so much support as well as a much-needed distraction from whatever is bothering me at the time. And when I can help other people, that makes me feel better too. :smile:

Good luck with college. :] I think you would make a great psychiatrist because you know how it feels to be depressed, and I think that is very helpful when it comes to helping other who feel that way.
  10. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF mandarine. Hope you like hugs as well as smiles. :hug: :)
  11. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi - welcome to s.f.!

i hope you find support here honey - :arms:
  12. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to sf :arms:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.