Discussion in 'Welcome' started by SickBoy, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SickBoy

SickBoy Active Member

I'm 20 years old and from the UK. I've been seriously considering suicide for the past 6 months since breaking up with my girlfriend of 4 years. Pretty much the only thing that's stopped me is the fear of somehow fucking it up and being left severely disfigured or brain damaged.

I've had a drug problem for quite a while now but it's spiralled out of control in the last 6 months and now I find myself using a variety of drugs pretty much all day every day to cope with the pain and make my life almost bearable.

My relationship with my ex started as a long distance relationship and then I moved 200 miles to live with her in '07. Now that we've broken up I'm sick of every place I go to and every person I speak to reminding me of her.
    I've become a virtual recluse lately with only a few close friends and this doesn't help the way I feel at all.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. In short... I'm a wreck.
    I'm sure I'll get to know you all soon enough.
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Welcome to SF. I'm sure you'll find lots of support here.
  3. SickBoy

SickBoy Active Member

Thanks, I hope so.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forums :hug:
  5. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF!

Feel free to PM me or add me on MSN if you ever want to chat.

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to sf :)
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum SoSick. What keeps you in the town you are in? You moved there to be with her and you can move away to get rid of the constant reminders. You mention that you know your drug use is out of control. Do you want this to change? If so go through the necessary steps to begin moving forward to a drug free you. You do not have to remain in the situation you are in. It will require a great deal of work on your part, but you can do it. :hug:
  8. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: Welcome to SF! I hope you find the support you need. I'm glad you found us and want to start making some positive changes.
  9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

WElcome to forum and know you will get lots of help here
  10. SickBoy

SickBoy Active Member

I don't really want to go in to too much detail but sadly I'm stuck here for the next 7 months or so.
    Also, I know it sounds pathetic but I want to stick around in case she changes her mind.

As for my drug use, I'm undecided. Part of me wants to stay on this path to self-destruction until it inevitably kills me, another part of me wants to learn to control my use and another part of me wants to quit everything except for cannabis.
    LSD basically saved my life, my first trip was a few weeks after the break up and it basically told me that everything was gonna be okay and gave me an overwhelming feeling of someone being there, looking out for me, so I think I'd like to keep using LSD too. I'm taking steps to quit the two drugs I'm most addicted to though, mephedrone and ketamine, I've set a date and plan to stick to it.

Thanks for the advice.

P.S. Is it possible to have a mod/admin change your username on this forum?
    This was basically what I was thinking when I signed up, I'd like to have something more meaningful.
  11. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Welcome to Sf
    If you ever need someone to talk to you are welcome to send me a pm

Take care
  12. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Welcome :hug:
  13. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF.

:hug: xx
  14. SickBoy

SickBoy Active Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys. :smile:

Someone's gotten in touch with me about the name change so's not to waste someone else's time.
  15. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Welcome to SF! :)
    I'm sure you'll find the support you need here, feel free to PM anytime. :hug:
  16. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forums.. I can see smoking weed but you really should stop the LSD.. It affects your mind in negative ways..It also causes brain damage.. Just think about it o.k.??
  17. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.